WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo - Google Home connection issue

Yeah I was having the crash issue too after I tried unpairing again. What you can do is try copying the link when it tries to connect to Google Home, and if you open it in Chrome and do the verification process, you will actually see a 401 error response which seems to be what's causing the app to crash. No idea how to get past that and now I can't get it linked anymore at all, but since others seem to be having this problem I'll assume it's a server issue and not something I should bash my head up against all night. I'll also just assume the Wemo team is aware of it and working hard to correct (wishful thinking).

Hello everyone! I am experiencing the exact same problem. I own 3 Wemo switches and am extremely disappointed in the quality of this product. Everything was working fine up until today. The Wemo app controls the light just fine but will not connect with Google Home, which was the whole purpose of buying these things. I have tried unlinking and re-linking Wemo to Google home, unplugging routers, restarting my phone and Google home, uninstalling and reinstalling both apps... it is absolutely ridiculous. Especially for the price of each switch.

i am having the same issue as well. i unlinked Wemo from Google Assistant, but unable to link it again.

Light switch works fine with Wemo app, but not with Google Home.

Same issue here! Wemo plugs stopped working with our google home today. I can still control the plugs through the Wemo app but google home voice controls are gone. How do you fix this? So annoying....please help folks!

Hi there, my google homes could not find wemo lights today. I unlinked it and it will not relink. Get message wemo app failure. I can use the app to control the devices but it will not work with google home today. Is it still down?

Wow! I came here in hopes of finding a solution to the connection issue between my wemo plugs and Google home but instead see that everyone is having the exact same issue me. Hopefully wemo will resolve the issue very soon.

Same issues here as well. Just bought two additional Wemo smartplugs to use along with our Google Home minis. Got it to work once to turn on/off a lamp but hours later, it is no longer working using my voice. Still able to control the lamp using the Wemo app but not Google Home. The first Wemo smartplug in another room still works fine with Google Home using voice commands. If this is not resolved by week's end, we will be returning these two newer Wemo smartplugs and choosing another brand.

Same as everyone above. Sent email in to WemoCares@belkin.com on my three dimmer switches. They worked great with google until today. Have tried everything, even reset all the switches to factory and set them back up again. Work fine in wemo app but cannot connect to Google Home. It’s tells me “you devices have been linked to google” and then on the bottom the screen it tells me “something went wrong try again”. I hit done and it takes me back to the set up. Please provide how to fix this issue.

Hello everyone. I'm having the same issue. Bought this switch specifically to use on a routine with my Google Home for my daughter's night lights. Worked for just under 1 week, from Christmas day till now. Read through this thread and it seems like Wemo is just ignoring it as they havent replied in a while. Will give them a few days but then I wi return this thing and go with a better product if this one just fizzles out after 5 days of use.

Same thing everything was working fine last night when I went to bed, now my Google home and hub are telling me it can't reach Wemo.  What's up very frustrated!  I can use the Wemo app to control but I want my voice control back!