WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo - Google Home connection issue

Same here working great for weeks, and suddenly Google Assistant says "I can't reach Wemo right now". I wish I would have read about all these issues, before I bought 5 plugs. This sucks!
Answers, please?

I’m starting to have connection issue to google home from wemo devices at home. First google said that devices are offline. Then when I removed them, I’m unable to add them to the google home by add new devices. I get the message that something went wrong on the oauth authentication.

Connection issues with Wemo Cloud, no remote access, and the Google Home integration that was fine until today is bust. Wemo app works fine.

I have been happy with Belkin products thus far, however the lack of widespread notification of the system being down, and apparently poor support and reolurion of the issue may drive me to another product.

Same issue here, Wemo plugs and dimmers not connecting to google home but work on wemo app. TP link and hue are solid. I have recommended Wemo to others in the past, if this doesn't get fixed quickly, I will have to withdraw my endorsement. Why isn't there an advisory posted? Is anyone working on this?

Same problem here.

Started acting wierd a few weeks back after a long time of really good connection with Google Home.

Initial Problem:

1. Google began telling us the devices were either not setup or not responding and to check back later

2. This persisted for about a week

Work to Fix on our end:

1. Found this thread and followed instructions from Wemo Support

2. Disconnected Wemos from Google Assistant App

3. Ensured all apps and firmwear were up to date

4. Worked to reconnect devices back to Google Assistant App; currently not having luck

New Problem reconnecting:

1. Wemo connects via app on multiple iphones and ipads we own

2. Now there is no connection available between wemo and google home desite following instructions to connect

3. When attempting to connect, there is error message when we go through "verify unit" step

4. Can still control via phone, but nothing from Google Home

Please help!  Infant at home and this hands free is a must for us!

Updated the WeMo firmware last night for all devices, after which all switches showed as Offline in Google Hub. Rest everything in the house, starting with router, switches, dimmers and Google Hub. Reinstalled all apps, and now the WeMo devices are all absent from the Google Hub. They work from the WeMo app however.
Alexa is unable to pick up the switches either.
I have read through multiple other posts. Nothing new has been suggested or offered.
WeMo please provide a fix.

FYI
App Info 1.22 (520005)
WeMo_WW_2.00.11215.PVT-OWRT-Dimmer
WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-SNS
WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-SNS

Been working fine for weeks as well. And then not.

I got a firmware update notice. But it failed to install for whatever reason. That's what it says in green text under the wemo picture. The option to perform the upgrade is also strangely gone even though it purportedly failed. Now the wemo app works but Google home doesn't. I disconnected wemo from Google home and now I cant add it back. I tried deleting the app to completely re-adding all wemo plugs. Nothing works. All I get is: "Couldn't update the setting. Please check your connection."

If this had been a gift for Christmas I can see many people returning it.

Found the solution.i used android device to re setup wemo connection.reset the device to factory setting first. There is remote access to iPhone that need to be enabled. This option was not available when I tried from iPhone site.

Thanks for the information, but I think you just got lucky. I set my wemo up with an android, and after a few days it stopped. Tried the reset and setup with the same android phone, a different one and and iOS device. No change. Hope yours stays working and that Wemo will get back to the rest of us