WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Wemo Light Switch reset instructions are confusing

I am trying to reset my Wemo Light Switch to work with my new WiFi WAP.

According to the online help instructions I should

Step 1:
Press and hold the Restart and the Reset buttons together for five (5) clock seconds, then release.

I believe this is impossible to do because it appears the Restart and Reset buttons are on a rocker switch and you need to choose one or the other.

When I just hold the Restart button for five seconds I get a blinking green WiFi indicator that eventually changes to blinking amber.  Blinking amber means, "The WeMo Light Switch is not connected to the Wi-Fi network."

I also have the latest WeMo iphone app, and the WeMo Light Swith does not appear under Settings | WiFi .

Any ideas?

Re: Wemo Light Switch reset instructions are confusing

mswim666 wrote:

I am trying to reset my Wemo Light Switch to work with my new WiFi WAP.

According to the online help instructions I should

Step 1:
Press and hold the Restart and the Reset buttons together for five (5) clock seconds, then release.

This is news to me. I have reset a light switch succesfully by holding down only the Reset button for 5+ seconds. The restart button simply "Reboots" the switch but the original setting remain.

Highlighted

Re: Wemo Light Switch reset instructions are confusing

I held down the Reset button for 5+ seconds.  The switch LED flashed alternating between orange and green as expected.  The app successfully found the switch and dutifully updated the firmware.  The app then could not fin all my other devices, but that might be a topic for another thread.

Thanks for the help, and if Belkin reads this board they may want to update their online instructions.