WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Wemo Link firmware 11057 is STILL broken

I want to be happy that Belkin has updated the Wemo Link for the KRACK exploit instead of abandoning it like the Wemo Maker.

But I can't.  This new version has made the Wemo Link even more unreliable.  In the previous release the link would lose one bulb out of 12 every few days.  Sick of that I moved all of the bulbs I could to my Hue leaving only 5 on the link - two wemo LEDs and three sylvania.  I would still occasionally lose a bulb every week or so. With the new firmware I now lose a bulb most every day and I need to power cycle it to get it back.  Pretty much defeats the purpose of automation, don't you agree Belkin?

I want my money back for the link itself, the belkin leds, and the sylvania bulbs you told me were compatibile (and are not compatible with anything else).  This thing is not fit for purpose and you're clearly unable to fix it.  Who do I contact for an RMA?

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Wemo Link firmware 11057 is STILL broken

Still broken, one bulb per day becomes "not detected" and needs to be power cycled.

How's my RMA and refund coming?

11057 is just not only broken for your lighting is has also caused my switches to be rendered useless. They were working fine until the day before yesterday, I think they just bricked both of my devices. Way to go Belkin!

I have absolutely no link on cellular, they won't take and store any rules, and blink orange no matter what I do, and my router log gets jammed up with ACK requests and deliveries. Factory reset and restarted devices, does nothing to fix the issues.

App constantly sends me firmware update requests and one device will not upgrade at all. Should have just left it well enough alone. Honestly, want to take your devices and Chuck them in your front window at your HQ.

Correcton to the firmware update 11054, is the update that jacked up my devices.

@Jethro327 Apologies. Know that we're eager to help you out in any possible way. We can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with the Wemo Link. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), firmware version, community username and a link to this post for reference.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

@carl_s wrote:

@Jethro327 Apologies. Know that we're eager to help you out in any possible way. We can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with the Wemo Link. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), firmware version, community username and a link to this post for reference.

"Possible", there's the rub.  This firmware bug predates you deciding the link was unprofitable and leaving us holding the bag.  I expect it is NOT possible for your engineers to fix this bug.  If you can't fix it have the decency to open source and unlock it.  Or give me my refund as it's unfit for purpose as is.

Another power cycle needed again today.  How could your process allow an unmaintained device's firmware to be made worse with an unrelated security fix?

For my part I haved a switch jam since 1 week with the firmware 062 but finally today this switch been able to make is update to 057 firmware and for now all my 13 wemo switches are running properly with the firmware 057

Hope your’s will running good soon!