WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Wemo Mini Plug - Can't use via HomeKit directly after firmware upgrade

[ Edited ]

I have three Wemo Minis.   When firmware update with HomeKit support was announced, I sold my Wemo Bridge and removed the bridge accessory via HomeKit app.  This was about a week ago.

Today, I did the firmware update to all three wemo minis via wemo app 1.20 (running on iOS 11.4.1).  I went to "Connect to Apple Home App" in Wemo App.  It said it found a Wemo Bridge on my network (???) which is odd since that accessory was long gone from my HomeKit app.  There was an option to proceed anyays by connecting minis without using the bridge, so I selected this.

Now the Wemo app shows my 3 wemo minis as "Connected" to Home app, but Home app only sees 2 of the 3.    I'm not sure how to proceed with the sole missing mini plug; the Wemo app doesn't seem to have an option to let me re-connect the Mini Plug in question.  I've checked all my rooms in Home app; its not there.

Interesting side note, I removed wemo app from my phone and re-installed; it no longer sees bridge on my network when attempting "Connect to Apple Home App" in Wemo App

Any suggestions?

Re: Wemo Mini Plug - Can't use via HomeKit directly after firmware upgrade

Hi djc6. May we know if you can control still that specific Wemo Mini in the Wemo App? Have you also tried checking in the Wemo app if your device displayed in the Connected Section?

For isolation, you may try to reset that specific Wemo mini through the Wemo App’s Reset Option, power cycle the device and reconfigure it. This article may also help.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

Yes, the speicific Wemo Mini that doesn't appear in HomeKit - I *can* still use it in the Wemo App, and its scheduled timers and such still work that I setup in Wemo App.

All three are displayed as 'Connected' inside the Wemo App, under the HomeKit setup - its just one of them is missing from HomeKit App.

@djc6

Were you able to try the suggested workaround by ? Please proceed as requested so we could see what more we could do. If that won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this post so we can have our Support Team check your case further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Where do I find "Wemo App’s Reset Option" ?  I've dug around the app and don't see it.

Hi, @djc6. Here's your link to refer: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8035... Hope that helps!

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

First I tried "Reset Wi-Fi Settings" - didn't help HomeKit issue.

Second I tried "Reset Name, Rules & Data" - didn't help HomeKit issue.

Finally tried "Erased All Contents and Settings" - then I was able to re-add the misfit Wemo Mini to HomeKit!

I tried the other options first in a vain attempt to minimize amount of reconfiguration I'd have to do.

I can connect my mini to the Wemo app but my home app doesn’t see it any suggestions
Highlighted
wws

I’d like to add another step to djc6’s solution; after I re-added the rouge outlet, I had to turn the outlet on n off via the Wemo app before it was add to HomeKit.