WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Mini Smary plugs keep switching off!!!

Please help!  I have three Wemo Mini Smart Plug.  

I had one working perfectly last year for Christmas.  This year I bought too more.  The previous one was working perfectly until I updated the firmware this year.  Now all three are on updated firmware and they all have the same probem.

After I turn on the smart plug, they randomly turn themselves off!  All of them.  I have tried resetting them, reinstalling the wemo app, trying apple homekit instead, etc.  All failed.  I have tried multiple different outlets.

The one worked fine prior to firmware update, now it has the same problem as all the rest!

WeMo_WW_@.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.

That's the firmware on all three.

The Wemo App version is 1.22 (520005).

I have an apple network with one airport extreme base and three airport express.  The Wemo are all in the same room as one of the airport express extenders.

Can someone please help?!?!  this is very frustrating.

Re: Wemo Mini Smary plugs keep switching off!!!

Photograph without subtitles resembles a book without a title. You may have the correct photograph yet communicating your emotions behind it assumes a noteworthy job in your general connection with the photograph clever instagram captions

I am having the exact same issue and have the same firmware on mine. Wondering if it’s a newly introduced bug? How new is this firmware I wonder? I don’t know how long it’s been sitting in my app waiting for me to confirm the update. Obviously I regret it now!

@kwatson1,

We'd like to have our Escalation Engineers investigate this further. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference.

• Full name
  • Username
  • Phone number
  • State/Country
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version

@Urrut003,

May we know the current firmware of your Wemo device? Please try to reset and reconfigure your Wemo device and see if they'll show the same behaviour. If they do, please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the details we've asked above.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

ok email sent.

i've tried on multiple different outlets.

ive tried resetting the wemo outlet a few times.. all of them.

Hi, We are having the same issues with our wemos.  We have MANY and they have been working flawlessly for a couple of YEARS. About a month ago, we did a firmware update and they haven't worked right since. They keep randomly losing their connections (app says "not detected").  We have reset these things a hundred times now, they'll work once or twice, and then they randomly decide not to connect. We put in a new router, put them all on their own network, nothing is fixing this problem. We've tried everything we can think of. Can anyone please help us???

@Brian59 wrote:

Hi, We are having the same issues with our wemos.  We have MANY and they have been working flawlessly for a couple of YEARS. About a month ago, we did a firmware update and they haven't worked right since. They keep randomly losing their connections (app says "not detected").  We have reset these things a hundred times now, they'll work once or twice, and then they randomly decide not to connect. We put in a new router, put them all on their own network, nothing is fixing this problem. We've tried everything we can think of. Can anyone please help us???

Hi, Brian59. Seems like you've exhausted the necessary workarounds. For further isolation, let's try to reset the Wemo devices again. Be informed that since you have changed your router, the MAC address of the previous router was saved to the Wemo devices you have. You may need to use a different handheld device so we can check if that'll make any changes. If the same issue persists, we encourage you to send us an email at wemocares@belkin.com so we can endorse this case to our engineering team. Just send us these following details:

• Name/Username
  • Contact number
  • Wemo devices in total

Thank you. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Sent email.  no response.

I bought three iclever plugs and had them working perfectly in 5 minutes.

Wemos are worthless at this point.

please help.