WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Mini can't connect to Google Home Mini (401 error)

I have 2 new Wemo Mini plugs tha I can connect to the Wemo app but can't connect to Google Home.

When I go through the set-up process, it detects the Wemo but fails authorization with the following display:

Your client does not have the permission to the requested URL 

/services/auth/handoffs/complete?/state=________________________ (state code not entered in case it needs to remain private)

Any thoughts how to get past this?

Re: Wemo Mini can't connect to Google Home Mini (401 error)

We'll look into this, rjg604. What workarounds have you done so far? Have you tried rebooting the Google Home and try linking it them again? Make sure that you're Google Home and WEMO devices are also up-to-date.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Im having the same problem, has there been a solution to this issue?

Same issue here. I have about 14 switches, regular and insight. When I follow the process to pair, I always get the same authentication error, regardless of which switch I use to trigger the authentication. I’ve used the iPhone’s Assistant app by Google and also the Nox simulation and same issue.

[ Edited ]

@Dashony Got that. We can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with your issues. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full name, Phone number, and Location - City/State), Community username, firmware version of the Wemo unit/s, and the link to this Community thread for reference. We'll be looking forward to your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have two new WEMO smart plugs that connected to my Google Home Hub and 2 Minis for 2 days. Stopped working, reinstalled WEMO and now get error 401 “Your client does not have permission to the requested URL”. Firmware is up to date, tried several times.

@rjg604 & @Dougfal,

May we know the model number of your Wemo devices and their firmware versions? Did the app crash while the error 401 occurred?

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support