WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Mini firmware update

So how long does this firmware update? 

One of the wemo minis has become unresponsive, and the 4 others have been updating for about 12 hours. 

Home automation is not supposed to be this difficult. 

Im going to do a hard reset on the one that has stopped responding before I go to bed. 

Re: Wemo Mini firmware update

Hi, Smokin-pig. May we know the LED status of your Wemo devices? Are you having some issues on controlling that specific Wemo mini via Wemo App? If so, then please try to power cycle the device.

For further isolation, you may also try to force close and install the latest version of the app. Make sure to stop any activity while updating the firmware, and try positioning it closer to your router to avoid interference.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Running latest version of software. 

Uninstalled app from both iPad, and I installed on a new iPhone. 

Ipad goes to getting started screen. 

Phone sees one of three light switches

non of the five wemo minis are seen by anything

4 of 5 minis are blinking orange only, 1 is not displaying anything 

Hi, @Smokin-pig. The LED indicator means that it's unable to connect to your network. Please move your Wemo Mini closer to your router for setup purposes (reset and reconfigure it again). Obstructions like walls, cabinets, and doors may interfere with your Wi-Fi connectivity. Also, please note that Wemo broadcasts on the 2.4 GHz frequency. Circle us back if the issue still persists.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Two of the wemo mini,s are within 5 feet of router. 

Its not a signal strength problem. 

This happens every time after a software update or a power instruction. 

@Smokin-pig,

Allow us to endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis. Please send us an email via WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: Complete name, phone number, location (city/state) community username and link to this community thread.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Great for you to endorse it.

But how did it turn out?

@rseiler 

There are various reasons us to why the firmware update will fail, or might take up too long to update the software. It could be your handheld device's capability (running OS, apps running on the same time, connectivity to the main network, type of technology, etc.), the number of devices connected on the home network (that may consume too much bandwidth when updating), or device bugs.

The team will explain this to you further and we'd be grateful to lend you a hand through there. We'll be looking forward to your email. Thanks.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same problems with a new Wemo Mini. It is a crappy device. Stay away from the Wemo Mini.

My firmware version is
WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
The device does not automatically ask to do a firmware update. When I try to enable Apple Home it pops up that a firmware update is needed. I click Update Firmware but then it just immediately goes back to the previous More screen. The firmware never updates.

Something is seriously wrong with the firmware update process.