WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Wemo Mini- one won't turn on, one won't connect

[ Edited ]

We recently switched Internet Providers and upgraded our router.  No issues with the WiFi on any other device except Wemo!  Primary router is a TP Link Archer 5400 and also have a secondary 2.4ghz router. I have a Switch & 2 Minis.  After a factory reset and firmware updates, I finally got the Wemo Switch working.  Not so lucky yet on the Wemo Minis! 

One will not turn on - AT ALL.  No lights, nothing.  I have tried plugging it in to multiple outlets in our home and have tried the Factory Reset.  Nothing. 

The other I have tried to Factory Reset multiple times, it will start the process and then just blinks amber and never shows up in my WiFi list.  A few things to note:

-I have the latest version of the Wemo App on iPhone 6

-The Mini is plugged in 6 feet from the router (and we are connecting to the Archer so huge range) so it is not a weak signal

-It was showing up, and now will not at all

Would love any advice or thoughts on these two as I am about to throw them in the trash!

Re: Wemo Mini- one won't turn on, one won't connect

@arbhurley wrote:

We recently switched Internet Providers and upgraded our router.  No issues with the WiFi on any other device except Wemo!  Primary router is a TP Link Archer 5400 and also have a secondary 2.4ghz router. I have a Switch & 2 Minis.  After a factory reset and firmware updates, I finally got the Wemo Switch working.  Not so lucky yet on the Wemo Minis! 

One will not turn on - AT ALL.  No lights, nothing.  I have tried plugging it in to multiple outlets in our home and have tried the Factory Reset.  Nothing. 

The other I have tried to Factory Reset multiple times, it will start the process and then just blinks amber and never shows up in my WiFi list.  A few things to note:

-I have the latest version of the Wemo App on iPhone 6

-The Mini is plugged in 6 feet from the router (and we are connecting to the Archer so huge range) so it is not a weak signal

-It was showing up, and now will not at all

Would love any advice or thoughts on these two as I am about to throw them in the trash!

Since resetting the Wemo device won't work and done most of the workarounds. We'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location (CIty/State), Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support