WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Minis won't connect

This is such an annoying product. I have seven of these mini plugs. Last week they all suddenly dropped off the network for no reason - no other devices had issues. I've performed hard restarts on them, but now they simply won’t reconnect - fail to see the wi-fi. There’s a strong connection throughout the apartment. I’ve wasted so much money and time on these. 

Re: Wemo Minis won't connect

@markrjones wrote:

This is such an annoying product. I have seven of these mini plugs. Last week they all suddenly dropped off the network for no reason - no other devices had issues. I've performed hard restarts on them, but now they simply won’t reconnect - fail to see the wi-fi. There’s a strong connection throughout the apartment. I’ve wasted so much money and time on these. 

We understand where you're coming from, markrjones. Let's check on this matter. May we know what's the current status of the Wemo devices' LED light indicator? Also, we'd like to verify if all of the Wemo devices you have are unable to see your main network during the setup. You may attach a screenshot here so we can check on it. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

They're flashing white/orange.

During setup, one of two things happen:

- App says that plug has connected, but then it doesn't appear as a device.

- Fails to connect, asks me to select network. I do so, and it just fails to connect (hangs on connection screen).

I'm not sure what you want a screenshot of - let me know.

Hi markrjones. The screenshot is to document that the Wemo App is not seeing the Wemo devices stated. Did you try plugging the said device to another power outlets that's near your router? If you haven', please try that.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Ditto on this problem. I have 6 minis, 4 LED bulbs, and 4 non-mini switches. All the non-mini devices are working fine. All 6 minis are “not detected”. You have a problem, Belkin!!!

Same here all of my mini’s dropped off the network about 2 weeks ago after a software update...... I have 12 switches all working fine as well as some older plugs but the new style mini’s are no longer working.....

UPDATE: The problem with the minis went away after about an hour. Apparently something to do with the Wemo server???

@Norseman wrote:
Ditto on this problem. I have 6 minis, 4 LED bulbs, and 4 non-mini switches. All the non-mini devices are working fine. All 6 minis are “not detected”. You have a problem, Belkin!!!

We understand your sentiments towards this matter, Norseman. When did you notice this occurrence? Please ensure that the firmware version of the Wemo switch minis you have are updated. Also, we'd like to verify the status of their LED light indicator. For further isolation, you may try to reboot the Wemo switches, and check if that'll make any changes. You can also try to use a different handheld device for further isolation.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

@cibalibeb wrote:

Same here all of my mini’s dropped off the network about 2 weeks ago after a software update...... I have 12 switches all working fine as well as some older plugs but the new style mini’s are no longer working.....

Noted on that, cibalibeb. Do you have other Wemo devices? If so, are they working properly on the Wemo app? Please try to exhaust the workarounds mentioned on this thread, and let's see if that'll make any difference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I've tried multiple Wemo Minis in multiple sockets. None of them work. They were all fine two weeks ago.

I don't have a screenshot to send you. The app just has the introductory 'Add a Wemo' screen now. If I try and add one of the Mini plugs, it says, during setup, that it's connected to the wi-fi network, but then just hangs. If I exit and restart the app, I just get the same intro window.

This is really frustrating.