WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Netcam App not finding WiFi network

I have two Belkin (Wemo) Netcam HD+ cameras that both stopped working and will not connect to my network any longer.
I can connect my phone with WiFi Direct to the cameras and using the APP I can see their image in Setup mode, but when asking to connect them to the internet my WiFi network will not be visible in the list.

I can see all my neighbours WiFi networks, but not my own SSID. I have o problem connecting my phone to the WiFi AP for normal usage. Neither can I use Other and give the SSID and password as it registers as incorrect, while I know they are correct.

As I can use the cameras if I utilize my older Netgear WiFi router I guess that something has changed so that the Netcam App has lost it's compatibility with Ubiquity AP's.

WiFi Ubiquiti AP AC Lite with FW: 3.9.54.9373
Camera Belkin Netcam HD+ F7D7602v2
Camera FW version 2.4.0.0
Wemo Netcam App 2.0.4

Android version 8.0.0

Re: Wemo Netcam App not finding WiFi network

Hi staffan,

You can try changing the wireless channel on your Ubiquity's 2.4 GHz to see if your Wi-Fi SSID will show up during the setup. For the best channels, we recommend that you contact Ubiquity so that they can assist you with changing the channels and selecting the best one.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks Jan,

currently I use channel 13 on my AP, which is an approved channel in the whole world apart from Canada, Mexico and the US. I'll be happy to change channel especially if you can confirm that there is an limitation with the channels in the APP or  in the Netcam. 

[ Edited ]

There's no preferred channel when it comes to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi to which the NetCam can connect, staffan. We are trying to rule out the possibility of network congestion causing the issue. To clarify, did the NetCams work with this AP before? What's the security type of the AP? Does the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi has special characters in its SSID? It's also possible that the AP is broadcasting a network that is not supported by Wemo. 

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Thanks Reil,

I really appreciate your responses and efforts to solve my problem. The initial reason for me to choose channel 13 was/is of course congestion in my environment. I currently have my two cameras connected to an old Netgear WNDR3700 using channel 2 with no problem except if I set it also to channel 13 as the cameras then get "off line" and when changing back again to channel 2 both appear again. So channel above 11 seem to be a problem! Has this been confirmed or should I try and test it further?

Here are the responses to your questions below:

To clarify, did the NetCams work with this AP before?                                 Yes, but most likely with a channel between 1 - 11!

What's the security type of the AP?                                                              WPA2-PSK

Does the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi has special characters in its SSID?                       No. SSID = UAPACLite

It's also possible that the AP is broadcasting a network that is not supported by Wemo.  No. Standard home network AP connected to an Ubiquiti USG3.

@staffan

Let's just try to observe the behavior when it's set between 1-11 since we can confirm that its working fine on those channels. You may update us if there's any changes or your further observations.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks, 

I can now confirm that neither the camera or the APP works with the network channel set to 13! I would guess also without testing that channel 12 will have the same problem! 

If I set the channel to 13 (change from 3) both my cameras goes "off line" and entering Setup-mode on the cameras will work for the direct wifi-connection, but the SSID will not show up in the APP. Changing back to channel 3 both cameras comes back on line again! 

/Staffan

You can send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Username
  • Location (City/State)
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

Done!

/Staffan