WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Wemo Switch - Flashing amber light, but the device works as intended

Hi, patpaquet. It appears that you've performed the basic troubleshooting steps. Please email us the summary of workarounds you've tried at WemoCares@belkin.com. Include your name, phone number, community username and the link to this post for our reference. We'll have our Escalation Engineers assist you further with your setback.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I attempted this very solution.  I deinsalled the app from my phone and reinstalled the latest version.  It would not function at all.  It went into a training process for installing a new device for the first time.  I have 30 devices or should I say HAD 30 devices.  It took me half a day of playing with the app, restarting, praying and kneeling on the floor next to a switch to get ONE device to come up on he app.  I will NEVER EVER go through that again.  I will pull all your devices, stack them up in the drive and pour gasoline on them and burn them before I will do that again.  It would make a great addition to my youtube channel.

I have been an engineer for 40 + years and I have to say your Wemo product is not ready for the market.  It needs to be more reliable and not require an EE degree to figure out how to keep it working.

You need a more robust set of tools to setup and administer your product.

People who buy these devices have at least one windows box and can much more easily perform functions on a nicely built windows based tool.

Expert

Hi, robtheelder. Your feedback is well-noted. We'd like to help you further by endorsing you to our Wemo Experts. Please email us your contact details (name and phone #), community username, and the link to this post along with the summary of workarounds you've tried at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Re: Wemo Switch - Flashing amber light

I had three Wemo smart switches. Two were set up in my former house, but since I moved to my new apartment, the only one I can get to work is the new one out of the box. The other two just blink blue for seconds, sometimes pop up briefly on the list of networks (WEMO.716) but then blink orange befor I can click on the name.

I've tried to restore by holding restore button for 15 sec and then plugging in, whereas it blinks blue, and then before I can find the network, blinks orange. It's very frustrating and I want to throw them against a wall. I hate taking up hours trying to get something that should be simple to work...working.

Please advise.

WEMO Maker Inventor

You may want to re-read the reset instructions - you'll find them somewhere in the support section or in the original box.  The restore button is to be held for 5-15s WHILE and AFTER plugging them in.  Holding it before doesn't do anything - they're still trying to connect to your old router (hence the flashing amber).

Expert

@cob816,

It could be that the reset was not successful. We suggest that you try to perform another reset on the Switches by following the steps on this link. After that, check if your handheld devices can connect to its default SSID. If that won't do the trick, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com together with your name, community username, phone #, location (country/state) and the link to this post so we can have our Wemo Experts assist you further.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue.

Blinking amber lights on 4 out of my 4 belkin wemo light switches. I also have one Mini plug.

I have tried resetting/restarting them, which stops the blinking for a day or two. Then all 4 eventually start blinking again.

I have found it quicker and easier to just restart my router every 24-48 hours.

They still can be controlled through the app while I am on my home WiFi network but they take longer to turn on or off.

The firmware for all the switches is Wemo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-LS

The firmware for gthe mini plug is Wemo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-SNSV2

The app version is 1.19 (130).

Do you have any suggestions to remedy this issue? 

They just don't work... /Shrug

Bought a Wemo smart switch this week, started have the same yellow lights response problems Smiley Sad

Troubleshooting these problems to be that the Wemo set up was on the 2.4 GHz band but my phone but then immediately after/during set up connects back to the 5 GHz band assuming this does not complete the set up thus yellow light issues.

I seem to solve this problem by making sure my phone is on the 2.6 GHz network before and after completing set up using it a couple times and then switching my phone back to my 5 GHz network, doing this removes the yellow flashlight and we will switch works as normal.

So if having trouble maybe make sure your App running device is on the same network/ 2.4 GHz band when troublshooting.

Bought WeMo remote light switch this week, had the same yellow light connection problems shortly after Smiley Sad

After much troubleshooting I think I isolated the problem to my phones switching to the 5 GHz network during/after setup when the Wemo was connecting to the 2.4 GHz network, probably not properly completing the setup.

After setting my phone to only work on the 2.4 GHz network completing the set up using the switch a few times and then switching phone back to 5 GHz I now have the switch operating normally with no yellow flashing lights.

So if you're having the same problem try Setting your phone to only be on the same 2.4 GHz network as the switch is connecitng to during and after troubleshooting/set-up and then if you get it working switchback to your regular connection.

Wemo, assuming this is the problem, please patch this,,,,