WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch Power Light Brightness

[ Edited ]

You beat me to it, Mike

Yes, its either mis-alignment, or the LED's current limiting resistor is the wrong value. There's an outside chance that it's a dud LED too.

If you know about electronics Danny, you could open a good switch and the bad one and compare the two current limiting resistors and whilst you're there check the LED and its alignment with the legend, but whatever, your switch is out of spec. and should be replaced by the supplier in my opinion. Personally I couldn't bear having one dim one alongside the other two.

Regards

Pete

[ Edited ]

I agree it should be replaced and it would bug the heck out of me, as well. Remember tho' he is dealing with Belkin customer support so it won't be until they have him replace his router, circuit breaker, re-wire his house, sprinkle pixie dust, etc. will they admit there is a problem with their device. Smiley Frustrated

Clearly you need to use Channel 6, renistall the App and check the firmware is up to date, but only on a Tuesday.

Has this user's issue been resolved yet? I just installed 2 Wemo switches and have the exact same issue, so this is obviously not an isolated issue. 

Hi, hing020. If the setup is clearly successful, then it could be a cosmetic issue. You can go ahead and have your units replaced.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support

Everything works normally including Wifi setup, lights going on and off via schedules on the app, etc. so it does seem to be a cosmetic issue with the switch itself. Logistically how do I go about having the unit replaced? I would like to have the replacement unit in hand before taking the current one out, so we can keep using the lights and not have live wires sticking out of the wall.

[ Edited ]

Hi all

Why do you suppose this obviously simple issue taken three months or so to resolve? We experienced guys threw in some suggestions as to the fault's cause including mis-alignment of the LED (that's probably the so-called "cosmetic" issue).

Well, I suppose at least it's come to a conclusion (although not for the person who started the thread). We see so many threads here that just fizzle out and even if they are resolved by the moderators (presumably) following the old "shoot us an email" line, the resolution is never posted for all the threads' followers to see.

Regards

Pete

I am also having the same issue.  I have 3 switches installed in a 3 ganger. The middle switch is noticeably dimmer. It functions otherwise but it is hard to tell when it is on. 

Expert

Hi, @hing020. If the device is still within the hardware warranty, then you can go ahead and email us your name, phone number and shipping address at WemoCares@belkin.com. Our Email team will then assist you on how to proceed with your case. Kindly include your username and the link to this community post for our reference.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support
Expert

@Octobermom0103,

How long have you been experiencing this? We recommend that you try the workarounds provided on this thread and report back for any updates.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support