WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Switch has stopped working

I have a Wemo switch in my basment that has been workingfone for the past five months.

This evening, it has developed an issue. The lights were on, regardless of the state of the switch. I could turn it on and off using the app, but the lights would just stay on. The same was happening with the physical switch. The only way to control the lights was to turn the breaker on and off. I have factory reset the switch.

The switch is installed correctly or it would not have been working previously. I removed the Wemo switch and replaced it with a regular switch. I was able to control the lights again. I reinstalled the Wemo switch, and had exacly the same issue. 

Any ideas? At this point, when using the Wemo switch, the only way to turn off the lights is to switch off the breaker. 

Wemo.Light.914

No issues connected to Wifi or to mobile. Simply stopped controlling my lights. As stated above, I can control the switch, but the switch oes not control my lights

Re: Wemo Switch has stopped working

Allow us to have our Escalation Engineers look into this, chelseafc. Email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, community username and a link to this post for reference.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

pretty bad quality for such as expensive switches, i regret selected these poor quality devices Clean Master Facebook Lite  Mathway

Highlighted

@hannahxx 

Hi there! Let us look into this further. Could you share us the details on what happened so we can have a better picture of it? We can start sorting this out by giving us the model number of the Wemo device/s that you have and the steps that you're tried so far to aid the issue.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support