WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch not working after firmware update

Let me guess.. Android app, right??? All sockets and motion sensors not visible under android but show up fine under iOs (until next FW upgrade when only your neighbors wemos will show up but only on sunday when we are not on DST)

Do your self a favor get Wemo Manager/Server and your headaches are (mostly) over. I have never ever had to do a factory reset using MikeP's software. Need remote access? Get a $20-$30 android phone or $40 tablet at walmart. Leaver it plugged in at home use is not as a phone but a wemoserver. 

Updated with latest only to have ap continually ask to update devices. How do I stop the request?

Like many others, applied the recent firmware update for my Switch and Motion units and now neither are detected through the WeMo app on two different Android devices. The firmware is WeMo_WW_2.00.8643.PVT-OWRT-SNS on both devices.

I've also sent a report via email.

Thanks,
Phil.

I have the same symptoms as PJMIEBACH.  I have 3 original WeMo switches and one light switch. 

I just got the notice today that a firmware upgrade was available.  I did the update and received notification that the update was sucessful on all devices.

Now, while the light switch is detected by my Android app, the three original switches are nowhere to be seen.

I too can only control them if connected to 4G. When on 4G, I can see that all 3 original switches are on firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.8643.PVT-OWRT-SNS and the light switch is on WeMo_WW_2.00.8643.PVT-OWRT-LS.

If I'm on wifi I don't see the original switches.

Come on Belkin.  Please get your act together!

[ Edited ]

rabilancia wrote:

Come on Belkin.  Please get your act together!

Oh come on, don't be so hard on them. They are really trying hard and busy trying to fix the sunset/sunrise bug we reported in 2012.

Now now, firmware 8643 does reduce boot time like it said it would, they don't boot at all in the app Smiley Happy

I found this posted elsewhere. on your Android device if it is not recognizing all your hardware remove the app, use your file manager to search for anything labeled Wemo and delete those files. reinstall the app lol your Android device to detect the new updated hardware. that works for me but I still got the request to update.

[ Edited ]

I have 8 wemo switches. THEY ALL DISAPPEARED FROM LIST IN WEMO APP AFTER FIRMWARE UPGRADE.

MY ENTIRE HOUSE IS IMMOBILIZED !

BELKIN, ARE YOU GUYS OUT OF YOUR MIND?

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUE SQA PROCESS IN YOUR COMPANY? 

How to make these work again, please.... 

*** Update ***

All missing switches are still controllable by Amazon Echo. Alexa turns them ON and OFF no problem. 

Why they are not visible in Belkin Wemo app, anybody ???

Hey guys, I have been having the exact same problems with the switches, all of mine disappeared after the firmware update. I just wanted to post that there is an update to the android app which solved my issues completely. I usually get the app updates right away but for some reason this one didn't show up, so maybe you are having the same problem. Hopefully that helps you guys! 

The 1.12 app update solved wemo switch not being listed.
But I am still unable to pull, edit or define Rules. Accessing Setting&About option in Setup menu does not work either. All I get is

message with rotating circle icon but nothing happens.