WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch not working after firmware update

The last firmware update ruined a stable setup of 3 in-wall switches and a portable switch. Multiple resets have not fixed the issues. Everything is controllable from 4G but not when my iPhone is hooked to my home WiFI. This is nuts. How can I go back one version in firmware? If it ain't broke...

Rklopp wrote:
The last firmware update ruined a stable setup of 3 in-wall switches and a portable switch. Multiple resets have not fixed the issues. Everything is controllable from 4G but not when my iPhone is hooked to my home WiFI. This is nuts. How can I go back one version in firmware? If it ain't broke...

Have you deleted and re-loaded the app?  

Yes, I did, and that seems to have cured the issues for the moment except for the Wemo switch, which hopefully will wke up with a reset.

I also have two switches that won't connect to any wifi after the last firmware update.  They both worked great forever until the last update. 

Expert

What is the status of the lights on the WEMO Switch? Have you tried doing a factory reset, Rlongo? If you haven't, we suggest that you reset the switch then, reconfigure it. Please also make sure that you have the up-to-date WEMO app installed on your handheld device.

Hi, I am experiencing a similar issue. The switch was installed and a firmware update applied immediately so the long and short of it is that we have not been able to use the switch at all. Any suggestions ?

@KristinaBuck. You may try the steps provided by Jonah_L to rectify this challenge. Update us how it goes! Smiley Wink 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

I just did the update and mine will not detect the switch either. How do we fix this? I am at a point that I will never update any of my electronics firmware that is working the way they are and should..

hey everyone..i.m a new happy user of wemo..everything works fine when i use the widgets...but when i use the main wemo app on galaxy note 5..the switch will do on or off but the app shuts down every time..anyone can help solving this ?
Expert

Hi sabre. Allow us to further assist you. You may send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with your contact details and the link to this community thread. By the way, have you tried using another handheld for further isolation? What is the current WEMO App version?

@ricaine. Please restart your handheld device and try again. You can also use another phone or tablet to see if it would do the same thing.