WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch not working after firmware update

Update the switch firmware then try it again.  Mine crashed  every time untill the firmware downloaded and installed on both switches.

Expert

Hi, cnynctry. Let's isolate this. May we know the current light status on the WEMO Switches? Was the firmware update successful? You may try to reset and reconfigure the WEMO Switches. Let us know how it goes.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

I have two of the Wemo light switches and after the last update (around 5-12-16 ish) they stopped responding to the app (it shows them as Not Detected) and they have the flashing WiFi symbol.

When I try to connect to them with my phone or iPad they don't show up as having an available wifi connection.

What would my next steps be?

Hi

Just curious, were the updates pulled or are the still being pushed out?

I've got three insights, 1 on 10062 and 2 on 9950 that haven't gotten any firmware update notifications.

Thanks

Expert

Hi, citizenkane! The update is still available for your WEMO devices, and the WEMO App should automatically prompt you for a firmware upgrade. If you're not prompted to do a firmware update, then click here. Hope this helps! Smiley Wink 

Regards,

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support  

I have the same issue (i think) on two motions and three switches.

is there anything i can do at home to reset or fix them?

thanks

Graham

Yes, Grahampowell. Start with unplugging and plugging again the devices. Then, check the light on each device so that we'll know their connection status. If the app can't detect them, check if it is running on v1.15.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

Im to having the issue now, updated july 2nd 2016 unable to keep wifi active

Im to now having the issue, my firmware was updated just here recently beginning of july, now my wifi will not stay active. I bave reseted and factory reseted many times, no change
Expert

Dbritton wrote:
Im to now having the issue, my firmware was updated just here recently beginning of july, now my wifi will not stay active. I bave reseted and factory reseted many times, no change

Make sure your router’s wireless network (SSID) is set to broadcast or not hidden. Otherwise, your WEMO device may have difficulties connecting and maintaining a connection to it. In addition, change your router’s wireless channel to avoid interference with other routers in your area that possibly use the same wireless channel as yours. WEMO devices have the same range as most other Wi-Fi devices.  Therefore, you can put it wherever you get Wi-Fi connectivity. Obstructions like walls, cabinets, and doors will reduce Wi-Fi range.

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support