WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch not working after firmware update

Hi folks. I have 14 switches and none of them are working after this update. Sometimes they are visible but then don't work when selected. I called Best Buy and they said to bring them back and they will refund no matter when purchased. And they are going to reconsider selling Belkin products.

[ Edited ]

LOL@Powelljh - I have 7 switches that work fine from day 1.

Here are a few of them that I installed myself:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31qZ7XgzOlL._SL1600_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71NUrYQanVL.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71ZQsJWF+mL.jpg

And wrote good through reviews on Amazon about.

Thousands of people love them.

Best Buy is hurting too much to consider not selling a good product that 1 person can't make work...

You keep right on loving them. Best Buy is tired of all the complaints from those thousand of people that love them. Home Depot has stopped selling them. Walmart has them on clearance and they are done with them. You might want to stock up while you can. I'm done with them.

That's a lot, Powelljh. Please allow us to have the chance in turning things around. May we know the workarounds you've tried so far? These links may be of great help:

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

@Powelljh -

Where are they at Walmart on clearance so I can buy some more & make them work.

Yeah, HD drops WeMo like they drop Wink - another platform that people love.

Makes sense business wise?

You're an early adopter but yet don't want to put up with the potential bugs.

LOL@u some more.  

@WeMop
Wow. Looks like powelljh didn't bother to answer you and your little sarcastic remarks. It's sad that grown up people have to hide behind some internet bush so the can make snide little sophomoric remarks. What did he ever do to you? Suppose every time you received an update to your computer your had to erase the disk and start over. Maybe you have time for that. I don't. Most of the wemo community is now LOL @ you
WEMO Maker Inventor

Well, I'm certainly LOL, but not at WeMop...  I am laughing at the poster who uses their very first post to complain about someone else hiding behind internet bushes...

In HIS very first post powelljh says he's returning all of his devices to bestbuy.  Yet he'd never posted here before that asking for help.  And he makes up a statement speaking for all of bestbuy that they're dropping the wemo line.  They're certainly still available a bestbuy and they're not on clearance.

Yeah the app has serious problems.  Asking people to uninstall the app or to reset the devices to factory is silly and in most cases completely unnecessary.  But it does let the support team mark the ticket as closed.  These are real problems belkin should be thinking about.

But I'd suggest that Instead of calling a help line on the other side of the world and talking to a support person who's never seen a Wemo in real life a quick visit to this community is more productive...  Or reading the online docs, they're getting better all the time.  Coming here just to complain and make stuff up 'cause you're a little frustrated deserves a sarcastic response.  Most people here are friendly and helpful.

The wemo hardware itself is pretty good and runs very well with a proper app and a little router tweaking.

Today my 7 switches prompted to update and I did to version10626.  After update only two of them were controllable from Echo.  All seven switches work with both the Wemo app and with the Mike P Wemo Manager.  Within minutes one of the two switches that worked with Echo showed offline in the Echo app.  I have run discovery 3 or 4 times and only the one switch is found.  I restarted (Not factory reset) 2 of the switches but still no joy with Echo.  I rebooted my router.  Echo is on my 2.4 band.  I guess I could try a factory reset but could there be an easier fix?

Additional info.  I have both an Echo and a Dot.  They are both acting the same.  They only discover 1 of 8 switches. ( I originally said 7 but I actually have 8 switches)  I powered the Echo down and up but that changed nothing.

Hi, edramski. Since we're not trained for Amazon Echo, try restarting or resetting the WEMO devices. Also, if they are working fine with the WEMO App, it may be best to contact Amazon if the issue persists.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support