WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch not working after firmware update

edramski wrote:

Today my 7 switches prompted to update and I did to version10626.  After update only two of them were controllable from Echo.  All seven switches work with both the Wemo app and with the Mike P Wemo Manager.  Within minutes one of the two switches that worked with Echo showed offline in the Echo app.  I have run discovery 3 or 4 times and only the one switch is found.  I restarted (Not factory reset) 2 of the switches but still no joy with Echo.  I rebooted my router.  Echo is on my 2.4 band.  I guess I could try a factory reset but could there be an easier fix?

I have had this happen with my Echo on some occasion - where it cannot recognize the many WeMo's I have set up.

That said, I have never had to reset nor restart any of my WeMo wall switches or plug switches, my router not Echo.

All I did was refresh within the WeMo app & then Rediscover within Echo app.

It might take a couple of times until the 2 both show every WeMo online.

I will say that last night I added a Tap to my Alexa collection of Echo & Dot so the Echo app didn't show a couple of switches online as the Echo or Dot did.

I just did my usual above refreshes & it eventually came online in the Tap part of the app.

My WeMo switches are not responding to rules.
Also since many moths the wifi light included in the device it's never on

My WeMo switches are not responding to rules and the wifi lights are never on

@Jalbagli
The Wi-Fi light being off is normal, since it indicates that it has established a stable connection to your network.

Can you try to re-create the rules and make sure that they are active?

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I have two insight switches with latest firmware (WeMo_WW_2.00.10885.PVT-OWRT-SNS). One switch working perfectly fine and the other one only animating actions in the app but not actually turning on or off the devices. I've done a rest and no luck. Any help in this regard pls?

My Wemo switches and plug occasionally will not be detected.I can usually resolve it but not after a lot of time. Is there a quick and effective solutiin?

Robert, 

Please communicate this to the techincal support team. I have spent well over 1.5hrs on the phone and online trying to get support on this topic. Each time the representative keeps sending me in ciricles trying to reset the device. I've reset this device countless times and it still malfunctions. I'm done trying to work with the techincal support. I have a defective device and they are not willing to acklowldge that. 

I'll be returning my Wemo and not looking back. This experience ruiend it for me and I will avoid Belkin products  because of the poor support. 

[ Edited ]

The problem with your suggestions are that they're idiotic, and they don't work. It's just a waste of time. Read what the people are writing - including this one from me.....

THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN WORKING FINE FOR MONTHS. THERE WAS A FIRMWARE UPDATE THAT I STUPIDLY ACCEPTED. AFTER THE FIRMWARE UPDATE THE LIGHTS WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT COMMANDS FROM THE PHONE. COMMANDS THROUGH ALEXA AND IFTTT STILL WORK. DOING A FACTORY RESET DOES NOT WORK. YOU NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM OR OFFER NEW UNITS OR REFUNDS TO CUSTOMERS WHO NOW HAVE USELESS LED LIGHT BULBS.