WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch only works when I am on my home WiFi

I have a smiler issue , only 2 WeMo light switches at home , 1 Belkin router , but have an extender (Ext) for 1 switch, both work fine all good on home WiFi, no issues, fast. But on LTE, 1 switch drops out i.e. not detected. (The one that is likely connected to the Ext). I need the Ext since signal on router does not reach 2nd switch. All used to work fine before. Tried reset of switch, App, re-install of App, still a problem . Remote Access IS enabled , but when on one 1 WiFi has additional messages on it saying 5 users ( Family members at home and iPad etc), compared to other WiFi, no additional message. Fyi, total 4 Wifi's at home ( Belkin 2.4 & 5, Belkn_Ext-2.4 & Belkin_Ext_5Ghz, i.e. the Router and Ext both generate the 2 bands). Now what?

Update: reset the Ext, On LTE the "other switch " showed "updating ", now it seems to b working!

Mine too everything set up right but every time I need it to work it does not Smiley Sad tested it while I was at work it was fine but out last night and no luck
Expert

@Jeepersji,

Is the Remote Access feature enabled on your Wemo app? If so, you can try to disable and re-enable the Remote Access. By the way, what Wemo devices do you own? Have you also tried controlling your Wemo devices using another handheld device and see if its works fine from there?

Chris-21499

Wemo Technical Support

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same problem. I have ten switches and they all work well when I am on the same wifi network as the switches. But once I step away from home,  I cannot control them remotely.  Remote Access is enable on the 2.4 network.  I have tried uninstalling and installing the app, disabling and enabling the remote access and also resetting the switches and reconnect them to the App.

@dseturam

Have you tried other compatible handheld device that has the WEMO App to check if the same thing happens? Make sure it is running on their latest OS version. Are they showing as not detected on the App when on remote access?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Same problem, I have 11 light switches and when connecting via cellular 6 or 7 randomly show as not detected. Reloaded the app, tried my wife's phone also.

Highlighted

Hello bastroptx. What's LED status of the Light Switches? Can you still control them via the Wemo app? Try enabling/disabling the Remote Access Feature. See if it'll give you good result.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support