WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo & Mesh WiFi

Hi,

I've got several Wemo devices (mini's & light switch) and recently installed a UBNT mesh WiFi system and noticed that the Wemos will stick with whichever AP they initially associate with (for example if I set them up in one location then move them) even when there is a better signal to be had on another AP.  Doesn't look like they know how to "roam" properly.

->g.

Re: Wemo & Mesh WiFi

@glc650

Are your other wireless devices experiencing the same challenge? If so, it'd be best to contact your router's manufacturer for further assistance as this might be isolated from their end. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

No, all my other devices (iPhone, iPad, Chromecast, Harmony Elite, Roomba) are roaming as they should.  It's just the wemo devices that seem to stick to the first AP they associate with.

How do you know which access point they're connected too? With my Google mesh wifi system, all three nodes share the same name. 

One of the benefits of using a system that is more Enterprise grade than consumer I guess.

Hi, glc650. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers assist on this. Also, please include your phone number, location, the firmware of the WEMO devices, and WEMO App version.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support