WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo and Apple Homekit integration?

Same here,My patience running out to!

Wemo’s rep said this month in this or another post. It’s still not here. Guess I’m unloading all my switches and plugs. Smashing them so no one else has to deal with this. I’ve bought some straight from Belkin, some from Best Buy and some from Amazon. Time to update my reviews too. This month is almost over... less than two weeks and Lutron will get about $2000 in sales from me. I have no more patience and am annoyed by the bs broken promises AND now being dragged through the mud just to make us wait a little longer. Where is the HomeKit hub!?

Yeah it was this post. On December 1, 2017 the moderator said "Hi All. We're pleased to inform you that the Wemo Bridge will be released sometime this month of December. Stay tuned!" 

I personally would never have invested many thousands of dollars in any one system at this stage of the home automation cycle... there is just too much room for disappointment. That being said I was really looking forward to the WeMo Brigde setup... because then all hue and WeMo devices would work on Google, Amazon, and HomeKit which would be cool. Home it comes soon, but also hope Apple improves HomeKit in the first place! The UI is terrible!

Highlighted

And it’s past Xmas. New Years resolution is to invest in solutions that innovate and integrate. It’s time the fragmentation ends. If it was never announced we really couldn’t get too upset. Dragging us all through the mud just isn’t right though. What’s the latest update Belkin / Wemo?

No comment is latest updateSmiley Happy))
It’s looking like Belkin / Wemo are gone out of business, they are not commenting, not announcing, no rumours...
Like they are not existing anymore!

I don’t think so, at this point I just think they are slowly but surely going out of business!
If they care about their customer, why don’t come back with some statement or apologies or explanations? Anything!.???

Belkin isn’t going out of business. I do however suspect they are trying to find a buyer for the WeMo brand and product line, and if they can’t do it by March of 2018, they will discontinue the whole thing.

Sounds reasonable.

Any update MODS?

Let us know please

To be honest... I think the Homekit security chip removal put it back on the roadmap at Belkin.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/8/15761800/apple-homekit-updates-ios-11-easier-build-requirements-ww...