WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo app and link not discovering light bulbs

I have a WeMo link, 2 light bulbs and an Insight switch. The Insight is working fine and until recently the bulbs have been working fine too. For no apparent reason the app/link now no longer sees the two bulbs. I have been through the process of resetting the WeMo link, it connects to my home WiFi OK and enables remote access. When it then goes into the scanning for devices mode no devices are picked up. I have successfully reset one of the LED bulbs (as a test) and then looked to re-pair the device during the allowed 4 minutes following the support instructions, but again that device is not being detected. Every time I open the app (which I have deleted and renewed) I get the message 'This WeMo isn't responding....'   The WeMo link version is 2.00.10114.PVT-OWRT-Link. Any help would be appreciated.

Expert

Re: Wemo app and link not discovering light bulbs

Hi, Dave4. We'd like to verify this. Did you reset the WEMO bulbs by following the steps from this link? Have you performed any firmware update for the bulbs? 

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

Wow. This setup is exactly like mine and I'm having the exact same issue. My WeMo insight is working perfectly well but the link after I disconnected it from the power source reconnected it completely lost all of its settings

Just came back home and reset the Wemo Link once more but this time I also reset the two bulbs as explained on the Belkin Step-by-Step support page.

http://m.belkin.com/uk/support-article?articleNum=116178

Worked like a charm and I am now fully in control.

I'm having the same difficulty after a power outage.  One Wemo bulb can't be detected.  I've reset it several times.  From what I understand, in order to configure it you need to bring up wifi and connect to it on your phone.  WiFi will not detect it either.

@punster wrote:

I'm having the same difficulty after a power outage.  One Wemo bulb can't be detected.  I've reset it several times.  From what I understand, in order to configure it you need to bring up wifi and connect to it on your phone.  WiFi will not detect it either.

Hi, punster. What's the LED light status of the Wemo device you have? For further isolation, you can try to force close the app and all running applications. If the issue still persist, try to uninstall and reinstall the app. You can try to use a different handheld device as well and check if that'll make any diffrence. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Geez help him properly. He said it's a bulb! I know you all gave up on them and left us stuck but you should still learn how to support them. He needs to pair the bulb with the link again.

And you should write this down... the led "status" of a wemo led bulb is off or on...

punster, do this:

Open the WeMo app. Tap on “More” at the bottom and go to “Add a WeMo Link Device.” Then run through the bulb reset procedure you found (which should be turning the bulb on and off at the switch about a half dozen times) and wait about 10 seconds. After the bulb is reset, it should then pop in on the page you pulled up in your WeMo app and allow you to complete the configuration.