WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo devices not available for Alexa routines

Has this issue been solved?  I have found Wemo switches will not work in Alexa Routines. The switches work everywhere else, but not Routines. Any suggestions?

Hi, Keno. In regards to your query, Have you encountered an error message? What's the LED light status of the switches when it's linked to Alexa? For isolation, you may try to force close both Wemo and Alexa app, and power cycle the Wemo switch. If the issue still persist, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our escalation engineers rectify things. 

• Name
  • Email Address
  • Contact Number
  • Location(City/State)
  • Link on this thread
Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the same issue.   The WEMO devices show in the devices section and work perfectly.  However, when I try to create routines, they or any of my grouos do not show in the "COntrol Devices" or "Control Groups"

i have the same issue.  two of my wemo devices show, the first two i purchased.  the other 4 do not.  they all work with the wemoe phone app, the alexa phone app, and they work with an echo dot.  I can create groups in alexa app with all wemo devices, and control the group with the alexa app and the echo device.  however, when attempting to create a routine, only two wemo devices are shown.  all wemo device firmware updated, and alexa app current version. nothing seems to change the availalbe devices in routines...

I am having this same issue. Would love to see a helpful response.

I too thought I had this problem.  I just installed the Wemo Dimmer and all went well, updated right away, working and linked to the Echo.  Went to add it to a routine it was not listed under Control Device even though it was under Smart Home.  What I did in the routine in Control Device was to pull down on the list of devices and it refreshes the list, Wemo appeared! Added to routine tested and working.

It's working now.  Don't ask what change ocurred because I have no idea. 

Can you please update your alexa app because wemo las launched new skills which are helpful to solve this issue.

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Heads up, best not to click on the above link from alexaapp - it's not pointing back to amazon. 

[ Edited ]

Hi Keno,

I had the same problem, I asked Wemo and they sent me back to where the problem started... the ALEXA APP. So I toyed with the Alexa App for a bit and got it figured out.

What you have to do with your WEMO SWITCHES is this... Go to your MENU in the ALEXA App, open SMART HOME, then GROUPS... Now you need to make a GROUP for the switches you want to control with ROUTINES.

For instance... I want to turn on the garage lights (which is a WEMO Switch), the Porch light (Which is a Wemo switch) and maybe the Foyer light (which is also a Wemo Switch), using Alexa routines; so I create a GROUP first with those switches.

Then I return to my MENU, select ROUTINES and create my Routine... Example... I'll call my routine "The Door" (touch save)... now touch ADD ACTION, then touch SMART HOME, then you will be asked whether you want to CONTROL DEVICE or CONTROL GROUP... touch CONTROL GROUP and select the group you created for the switches you wanted to control, now touch CREATE and your done. So now when you say ALEXA "The Door" all those lights you selected for that GROUP you made will come on at once.

To turn the lights off you will create another routine, maybe call this one "Good Night" and follow the same steps you used when creating the routine for turning "The Door" switches on; except this time when you create your routine and before you add the Wemo Switch GROUP you created for "The Door", touch that WHITE SPOT with two squares inside it (this will initiate switch off command), now touch NEXT, then touch ADD and last touch create. Now when you tell ALEXA Good Night, she will turn all the lights off.

I have Dimmers (Plum makes them) installed in my house also, which are also controlled by ALEXA. I had no problem creating a Routine with the dimmers.

In conclusion; every Wemo switch you wish to use as a routine in the Alexa App, you will need to create GROUPS for in order to use ROUTINES to control them. Hope this helps you out.