WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo devices not available for Alexa routines

Is anyone else having an issue with wemo devices not being listed as available smart home devices for creating an Alexa routine? Right now, I can control my wemo switch and plug from both the app and individually through my Echo Show. When I try to setup a routine such as "Good Night" I want it to turn a light switch off and a plug connected to a lamp on.

I've tried forgetting all devices and re-discovering them. They again show under the Smart Home -> Devices tab on the Alexa app, but are not available in the Routines -> Create Routine -> Add Action -> Smart Home listing.

Re: Wemo devices not available for Alexa routines

@m_in_WI

Let's get this sorted out. When you say both apps, do you mean including the Wemo app? Is the setup working fin before, or just recently? Make sure that your Wemo devices run their latest firmware. Also, try to reintegrate them using the updated Wemo app and see if it will make any difference at all.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Did you even attempt to read his question?

Works fine for me.

Carl is onto something, Try adding the Wemo skill again in Alexa. I noticed it disappears after Alexa had updated over several months. Everything is working as expected. Once the skill was re-added & Alexa finds your Wemos again.

I am having a similar problem. Two Alexa routines with both WEMO and other devices were working. Recently. The same routines fail to control the WEMO device which responds flawlessly to the WEMO app. I’ve deleted both devices from the routines and then added them back in with no resolution. Looking at the smart plug via the WEMO app, I see no FW update. 

Any ideas as to how to get Alexa to control the WEMO again?

Hi, Bergman. Try to update your Alexa with a new Wemo Skill. This link will help.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Most up-to-date WEMO app (1.19), most up-to-date firmware. Disabled WEMO skill in Alexa, forgot both devices, re-enabled and re-linked skill and devices in Alexa. Still devices show up under smart home and I can control them in both WEMO and Alexa app. I can create an Alexa group with them too.

The devices are still not showing up as available smart home devices for creating an Alexa routine. These are both newly installed in the last week and a half and have never been available for a routine.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]

Thanks. I’ve tried this. I disabled the WEMO skill and enabled it. I also deleted the routines and recreated them. The routine still does not control the mini plug. When I try to control the plug from the device list, I get “server unresponsive”. My internet connectivity is working fine.

other ideas?

@m_in_WI and @Bergman

Thanks for trying out the steps that we suggested. We'll have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further on this matter, however, before doing so, we recommend that you contact Alexa first in case they have suggestions that you can try. Let us know how it goes afterwards so we can have our Team contact you for assistance.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support