WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo dimmer + 6 led = flicker; 5 led + incandescent = fine

[ Edited ]

Just installed a wemo dimmer on a circuit with 6 dimmable LED recessed lights, which previously worked fine with a normal dimmer. They flicker horribly at anything below 50% (per wemo app) which is observably about 90% brightness, so not worth a dimmer. 

If I swap out any one bulb for a tradational incandescent, the dimming works fine for the incandescent and the 5 remaining LEDs. If I have one fixture empty and 5 LEDs the flicker returns. 

Bulbs CDLPS160R10

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-in-and-6-in-White-Recessed-LED-Trim-4-Pack-DL-N18A1...

any ideas? Leaving one incandescent looks pretty bad in my setup, and I would prefer all LED for energy reasons. 

-Greg

Expert

Re: Wemo dimmer + 6 led = flicker; 5 led + incandescent = fine

Hi, G41184B. Let's get you over to our Escalation Engineers to have you properly assisted. Email us your complete name, phone number, location (country/state), and the link to this post for our reference at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

I have the same problem. Dimmable Led inserts. The exact bulbs work on a traditional dimmer but on the wemo anything below 100% flickers terribly.

Hello, Mlipman. May we know the make and model of the bulbs that you're having issues with? We believe that this may have something to do with the bulbs and not the Wemo Dimmer that's causing this behavior. You may try to use different bulb (different make and model) so we can get this issue properly isolated. Take note that the Wemo Dimmer is compatible with Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) / incandescent / LED bulbs. If it does the same thing, email us your full name, phone number, location (state/country), community username and the link to this community post for our reference at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers contact you and conduct a further diagnosis.

Feel free to update this thread with the outcome. We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I will send. I have the exact same bulbs currently hooked up to a standard dimmer in 3 places in the house. No issues
Expert

@Mlipman,

Our Escalation Engineers is willing to sort things out with you further. Email us the details as mentioned by Dennis_B at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can endose you to the team.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Hello,

Was there any resolution to this, I just installed these same lights and the dimmer switch last night and am having the same issues.

It’s one WEMO dimmer controlling (6) lights.

Thank you