WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo dimmer + 6 led = flicker; 5 led + incandescent = fine

For anyone who comes across this thread in the future - I decided to replace the LED retrofit trims with ones made by GE that I found at Lowe’s. They were reasonably priced at $20 for a 2 pack so I bit the bullet and shelled out the $40 to replace my 4. They’re brighter than the old ones, have a CRI of 90, seem to be made better, and work perfectly with the WeMo dimmer.

I'm having this same issue. 4 recessed can lights replaced the bulbs with ge 60 watt replacement refresh led bulbs. And replaced the switch with the wemo dimmer. Traced all the old wiring to verify it was all good and powered it up. Switch seems to work fine. But the lights flicker horribly at anything below 100% unless I toss a regular bulb in the mix. Throw in an incandescent and no flickering from 0-100 they all dim perfectly. Can anyone tell me why this is? I'm about to the point to where Imma just install a dummy bleeder lamp around the corner in the hall to stop the flicker.

Hello!

I am having this same problem. but when in my circuit I put more than 6 dimmable LED lights with the WEMO dimmer they start to flicker when below 80%, whenever i put less than 6 dimmable lights they do not flicker at all. 

Please help me with this, each dimmable LED is 4.5watts, the Wemo dimmer should stand alot more than 10 LED lights of 4.5watts. 

Hi, Guakal. What's the make and model of the bulbs? These are the bulbs that were tested to work properly with the Dimmer: Wemo Dimmer Compatible Bulbs.

Were the bulbs properly calibrated during the setup? 

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Hi Rosalyn, these bulbs meet all the requirements for the Wemo dimmer please find the specs below:
The model is GU10-Shine-5CPD DIM
The voltage is 100-130V
Each bulb is 4.5 watts

As i said before the dimmer works fine with 4 bulbs, but when I connect more than 4 all start to flicker. It would seem the capacity of the dimmer starts to malfunction after 4 or more bulbs are connected, but the dimmer should be able to work fine with more than 10 bulbs.

Please help me

And yes, the bulbs were calibrated with the app but not correctly since every time i set it up the lights they would flicker
Highlighted

@Guakal

Try to reset and reconfigure the bulbs again for isolation or attach the bulb to a different socket. Let us know if the same behavior occurs. Also, try to check that the Dimmer is running on the latest firmware.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support