WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo dimmer + 6 led = flicker; 5 led + incandescent = fine

Hi, Johnny2515. This is quite odd. It might be a limitation of a CE light or there might be a maximum capacity for that specific bulb since narrowing it down to three CE lights will make it work though. Try replacing the one CE light with a different bulb. So it should be three CE lights, one Edison bulb, and any available bulb other than the CE light. Do update us how it goes.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for your reply. We tried this and the lights do not flicker with three CE bulbs plus two others. The lights flicker when we have 4 CE bulbs on. The CE bulbs are LED, only 11watt energy used. Surely 4 of those wouldn't exceed the Wemo's max capacity?

@Johnny2515

It should work as long as the bulbs are Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL), Light Emitting Diode (LED), and Incandescent bulbs; there should be no limit for it.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Wemo dimmer + 4 led = flicker

I am having the same issue. When I used the same lights on the old dimmer switch, everything worked fine. On the wemo dimmer switch, it  keeps flickering no matter the settings I have tried. Please help. The Phillips Eco Smart LED 120vac 60hrz 95ma 10.5w 5000k. 682 lumens Model e46936. Please help!

I am having a very similar problem with 2 of my 3 dimmers. Anything over 80% brightness they flicker every 30-40 seconds. The led dimmable lights worked fine on an analog dimmer.

Re: Wemo dimmer + 4 led = flicker

Aweomse help on here...and as in awesome, I mean horrendous. No response at all? 

Glad I kept the receipt. Going back today. 

Never agan WEMO, or Belkin...goodbye. 

Re: Wemo dimmer + 4 led = flicker

@hitmannn3000

Apologies for the delayed response. In regards with your challenges, have you tried using another compatible bulbs for the Wemo dimmer? If not, you may try to test other compatible bulbs (as mentioned above) and check how it goes.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Any resolution to this thread? I have the same exact problem and had 2 professional electricians attempt to fix the problem to no avail.

I had 6 LED lights on a circuit that previously worked with an analog dimmer. With the wemo dimmer, anything less than 100% would result in flickering. I have already installed/uninstalled/reset the app and ran the set up multiple times.

Wemo dimmers controlling just two of the same LED bulbs in a different circuit works perfectly.

Here are the LED bulbs: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-5-in-and-6-in-White-Recessed-LED-Trim-with-2700K-90-...

Allow us to have your case further check with our 2nd Level Support Team, Direq. Please email us along with your complete contact details (full name, phone number, and location), community username, and the link to this post at WemoCares@belkin.com. Please include sharing with us the firmware of the WEMO Dimmer and the WEMO App version.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I take it there is still no resolution for this?

I just bought a new house and wanted to outfit it with HomeKit-compatible dinners and switches. I opted to go with WeMo and the bridge since while the bright is new, the reviews for the switches and dinners were better than most of the dedicated HomeKit stuff out there.

I have 5 recessed lights with LED conversion trim in my kitchen. I had put them on a Lutron digital dinner and after calibrating it, they worked great. I had full range and no flickering. I just replaced it with my first WeMo dimmer, and am having the same issue as others here.

After turning them off and on a few times they seem to work better now, but they’ll randomly start strobing every 10 minutes or so and the range (especially on the low end) is much less than with the previous dimmer.

Like others here, it seemed much better when I replaced one of them. The bulb I put in was also an LED, so I think there is something about these specific inserts that is incompatible with the dimmer. Can anybody post a photo of theirs to see if we’re all using the same ones? Mine look a lot like some linked earlier in this thread, but since they cane with the house I don’t have all the details.