WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Wemo dimmer suddenly flashing white LED and not connecting to app

Hello,

I had a Wemo dimmer working well for months. Without any changes, it starting blinking white LED and not connecting the app. I tried resetting the dimmer with 7 second pushes and 14 second pushes of the LED light and I even reinstalled the app. 

What next? Still just slowing blinking the white LED bar and not connecting the app.

Re: Wemo dimmer suddenly flashing white LED and not connecting to app

Hello carmelatrix,

Does the dimmer still show on the app? What message are you getting? To restore the dimmer back to its factory defaults, press and hold the LED bar until it turns red. Force close the Wemo app or you can uninstall/reinstall and run the setup process once again. Also, please take note of the LED status while doing the setup or any message encountered.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

The dimmer is not registering on the app, when it started malfunctioning I believe it said "disconnected", I have since "hid" it. When I push the LED bar, the dots will go down one by one and then the LED bar will blink blue and I keep pressing and nothing happens. Even after a minute, it won't turn red. Right now the LED is just flashing white and not registering with the app.

@carmelatrix

The LED bar illuminating white could mean it is booting up. You can try a reboot on the circuit breaker for further observation. Did you remember making any changes to your router?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Thank you, rebooting the circuit breaker to the switch fixed the issue!