WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo dimmer switch - Homekit - Accessory already added

[ Edited ]

To add this accessory to your home, you'll need to reset it first.

I have 3 dimmer switches total - the first two added okay but this last one is not adding. I have reset it per the instructions (hold the LED bar for 6 seconds until it's solid blue) and successfully added it back to the Wemo app but still getting the same message when I try to add it to homekit. Please adivse.

Update: I have since reset the dimmer switch until the LED bar is red. Went through the process of adding to the Wemo successfully, even gave it a slightly different name this time. In the WeMo app I tried to add it to HomeKit and after a few moments of searching the wemo app comes back with: "Accessory not found". Also cannot add via HomeKit directly.

Re: Wemo dimmer switch - Homekit - Accessory already added

@macbones

Please try to uninstall/reinstall the Wemo App and Home App to isolate the issue. If that won't work, kindly send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further assistance along with the following info:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
wrd

Re: Wemo dimmer switch - Homekit - Accessory already added

It’s interesting that your problems started when you added a third dimmer, just like mine. See:

http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Can-t-keep-dimmers-working-with-HomeKit/m-p/52671#M19795