WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo dimmer won't dim

Just had same issue. Wemo dimmer wouldn't dim a set of dimmable LED lights. For some reason, when I replaced one bulb with the old incandescent bulb, now they all dim.

Hi, newemo.
Try to recalibrate the LED bulb on your Wemo Dimmer. Just tap Edit, choose the Dimmer, then select the Bulb Type. From there, it will run the calibration again.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I Can dim on from my phone, but when my wife tries to dim light just turm off. I wiped cache and memore on the android app few times. after each wipe one of the dimmers starts working. it's really random. I beleive it's a problem with an app not the dimmers

@nikoloz75

Is the WEMO App on your wife's phone running on the latest version? Make sure that the OS version on your phones is also at its latest. Just to clarify, was this working before? Try to force close and re-open the WEMO App, and if that won't work, try to uninstall and re-install it for isolation. Let us know how it goes.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
DjS

Just installed a Wemo Dimmer and from the Wemo App it won't dim the lights. If I try to dim from the app it turns the lights off. I can dim from the switch itself. I can also set the night mode to a certain percentage and if I turn on the lights from the app it will turn on to the percentage. I want this to operate properly from the app and dim the bulbs accordingly. Am I doing something wrong or is this device faulty. I have had 3 wemo light switches installed for several years now and the software and updates have come along way which is why I tried the dimmer but, I am not about to go through the same frustrations all over again with this dimmer. Any suggestions or advice are greatly welcomed. Thank you.

@DjS wrote:
Just installed a Wemo Dimmer and from the Wemo App it won't dim the lights. If I try to dim from the app it turns the lights off. I can dim from the switch itself. I can also set the night mode to a certain percentage and if I turn on the lights from the app it will turn on to the percentage. I want this to operate properly from the app and dim the bulbs accordingly. Am I doing something wrong or is this device faulty. I have had 3 wemo light switches installed for several years now and the software and updates have come along way which is why I tried the dimmer but, I am not about to go through the same frustrations all over again with this dimmer. Any suggestions or advice are greatly welcomed. Thank you.

That seems a bit odd, DjS. If you can control, and can dim the bulb using the physical button of the Wemo dimmer, the device is working properly. Is the app running on its latest version? For further isolation, you can try to force close the Wemo app, and all running applications. Afterwards, relaunch the app and check if there are changes. If the same issue occurrs, try to uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app. You can also use another handheld device so we can check if that'll make any difference. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

@DjS: are you by any chance hitting the power button in the app and anticipating a dimmer control popping up? There is a little green triangle below the name of the device that you must tap to expose the dimmer slider in the app. Tapping the power control just turns the dimmer off or on to its previous state.

Please send me the brand and model of led bulb that will work in the WEMO dimmable switch. Bulbs in the Belkin compatability list outdated and not available. Looking for 60W compatable bulb (8-9.5W range).

Thanks

Highlighted

Wemo Dimmer works with the following bulbs:

• Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL)
  • Light Emitting Diode (LED)
  • Incandescent bulbs

For recommended and Tested bulbs for Wemo Dimmer, click this link.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support