WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo dimmer won't dim

Pete,  So do you think, if I tried another brand of LED bulbs, it could solve my non-dimmible dimmibles?

It's a possibility pbernard

But never try non-dimmables in desperation. They cannot possibly work and there is a likelihood that they will damage the dimmer switch. That's any dimmer switch, not just the WeMo.

Ideally you shouldn't have to experiment to find bulbs that will work properly though. I appreciate too that it's a difficult task for Belkin to test its dimmer switch with all the different makes of bulbs available. What is needed is a standard design for all bulb manufacturers to stick to.

Whether or not Belkin recommends certain manufacturers' bulbs for use with its dimmer I don't know, but if it does then they will have been tested and should be OK. If not then I'd suggest only buying dimmable bulbs from the well known manufacturers and not cheap unknown makes.

Regards

Pete

I have this same problem and your explanation makes total sense. Is there a certain brand that is known to work? I bought Phillips 4W candelabras that are dimmable but are not dimming.

Hi Isshinharu

I'm in the UK and the WeMo dimmer switch is not available here, so I'm afraid that I'm unable to suggest any particular make that will work.

Regards

Pete

I have gthe same problem.  After a half our on the phone with the representative, I was told to call another number.  That rep coundlnt help me either.  They told me my bulbs are compatible.  Its wired correctly.  I think I am going to take all four switches back.   They escalated my call to level 2.   I dont want to wait up to 48 hours to POTENTIALLY resolve this issue    Ugh!

I have the same issue. Bulbs turn on but won't dim at all. Anyone have suggestions for LED bulbs that work? I'd hate to have to replace all my current LED bulbs to use my two dimmer switches.

I tried with 2 WEMO switches. Sent them back to Amazon for a refund. I really wanted them to work.

I was not willing to replace the LED bulbs in my dining room, so I sent the switches ( I tried 2) back to Amazon.

Which brand and model of light bulb did you get? Same issue here.

I don't even remember. The issue is dead for me.  Shipped 2 Wemo switches back to Amazon and got a refund.