WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo light switch factory reset does not work

Hi guys. I have installed 6 light switch successfully. But one of them can't do the factory reset. I follow the same instructions for everyone. But this one doesn't lights at orange when I press restart and then reset button. Instead only flash green light

Re: Wemo light switch factory reset does not work

Try to reset the Wemo light switch using the Wemo App and let us know if the same thing happens. This article will help.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Hi Rosalyn_T

Actually that´s the problem I can not reset the light switch to factory settings. The switch still flash on wifi green. As I mentioned I succesfully configure 6 light switches on my home. In fact I follow the steps on the video that you said with the other 6 switches works fine but this one not.

I´m pretty sure that I´m doing right. Is there another way to to a hard reset to the ligth switch. I attached an image of the other ligth switch on my phone. So trust me when I say that i follow the steps correctly

I think It´s a malfunction. How can I return it the piece I live in Mexico. Could you please help me.

Screenshot_20180305-090450.png

If the Wemo Ligth Switch is not responding to the Reset Button, please turn off the power by turning the circuit breaker off and then turning it back on. Let us know how it goes.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I have the same issue. Actually I not only turn off the power circuit breaker. I disconnect the wemo switch and try to connect it several hours after. But the device doesn´t do the reset. I´m very frustated. As I told you I installed correctly 6 devices but this one doesn´t respond to the factory reset. Please help me.

Highlighted

Noted. Allow us to hand you over to our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance on this matter. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Location-city/state and Phone Number), community username and a link to this post for our reference.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support