WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

The light switches started working again with Alexa this morning, and so far this evening thay're continuing to work.  Maybe the patches are completed???

Same here. They've been working all day.

Still up-and-down on this end. It tends to work in the morning, but the evenings are hit-or-miss. Sometimes Alexa tells me "Belkin Wemo isn't responding" yet sometimes the light turns on or off as expected.

Seeing as my Nest is working fine with Alexa, I'm assume this is Wemo's issue. My skeptical wife is borderline finished with me installing any other smart switches due to this issue. Personally, I'm moving away from Wemo and to another brand. I don't want to, but the Wemo server connection is absolute nonsense.

My experience is almost exactly the same as CWeeks1111's.  Functionality is currently better than it had been earlier in the week, but it's still not rock-solid reliable.  I often will try to turn a light on through Alexa only to be told that "Belkin WeMo is not responding."  But then, the light turns on.

My wife is happy to tell me that she told me so...  Thanks Belkin for proving her skeptical point.  I agree, that despite the fact that I'd prefer to have identical hardware throughout the house, any new switches I buy will not likely be Belkin unless they quickly resolve their server issues.

I am also having this issue. Anyone have a recommendation on how to correct?

Kris,

From the troubleshooting we've done and the information that we've received from Belkin support, it's looking like the problem is on their side.  There's nothing we can do to resolve it other than wait on Belkin to fix their server/network issues.

Thanks for getting back to me, but this is a disappointing response. What is Belkin’s timing?

Sorry ccramer! I didn’t realize you were another user. I didnt mean to take my WeMo frustrations out on you!
Highlighted

No worries!  Your frustration with Belkin is justified.  I feel the same.  We paid premium prices for what we expect to be premium product, but we get unreliability.

When we flip a switch, we expect the light to turn on.  When we answer a call, we expect to be connected.  I understand that this technology is still new, but there are still expectations of reliability.

Being in IT, I still wonder why Belkin doesn't have highly available systems that are redundant.  They can patch one node while the other continues to service the production load.  When one has been updated, fail over to it and patch the second node...  No downtime.  It's all the rage with the up-and-coming enterprises these days!  Smiley Wink

Hi, Everyone! Our server has already been updated, this should already be fixed. Please have a test run again with the Wemo devices and Alexa. If the issue still persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com and send us the following details:
-Full Name
-Email Address
-Phone Number
-Link to this thread

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support