WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

Are there any long-term solutions for this problem?  I've had multiple switches for over a year now that have pretty much worked fine.  For the last few months it seems once a week they stop responding.  Works fine in the app, even works fine in the Alexa app, but voice commands give 'device not responding'  I've removed / added them all, disabled the skill and reenabled.  Most of the time rebooting each individual switch brings them back, but it's getting really annoying.

I think every time I've rebooted my router (or we've lost power or internet) I have to go to each one and restart it for voice commands to work again.

Highlighted

@wildblue

Do you have other smart devices that are working fine with Alexa? Try to check that your WEMO devices and Alexa are running on their latest firmware. Do you remember changing any setting on the router that may have lost their connectivity? Please try a reboot to your Alexa and observe if it'll make any difference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
kf

Yup, same problem here. One light switch and one smart plug mini are showing as "Device is unresponsive" but works through the Wemo app. Have tried the recommendations in this thread without success.

@kf

Since you mentioned that you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps on this thread, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers check on your case further. Do include providing us the following details:

-Phone Number
-Community Username
-Link to this post for reference

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support