WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

TidalWaveOne wrote:

Again, SAME ISSUE here. I found this thread while trying to find a solution via a Google search.

Is there a solution?

Alexa starts saying that the device is not responding, but the WeMo app on my iPad seems to work fine. This is very frustrating.... it used to work great.

Is this a WeMo bug or Alexa bug or what?

@TidalWaveOne

Make sure that your running with the latest Wemo App on your handheld device. Should you experience the same results, shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com. Please be sure to include your community username and the link to this post for reference.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

The problem was never with the WeMo app, but with Alexa.

Maybe they fixed it... things seem to be working better now.

One thing I did was remove a couple of problematic smart home devices from Alexa's app and then re-add them. Maybe that helped, but I shouldn't have had to do that.

Hello, djmo6179. Were you able to properly configure the settings of your Wemo Mini Switch to work with Echo? If not, we recommend that you follow the steps on this link. After that, this article will help you control your Wemo devices with your voice using Amazon Echo. Let us know if that makes any difference.

Update us with the results.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I'd love an answer to this as well, my wemo plug refuses to turn on my lamp with Alexa. I tried speaking to a consultant in customer service numerous times and she was a foreigner and I could barely understand her. She kept calling me back to try to reset it but I gave up because she couldn't understand why I couldn't understand her... Ugh

I am having the same problem. I have done this reset several times. Yes it works (usually) but it's very frustrating to keep needing to do this. I also wish I had purchased a different product

Exact same problem...tried reset 10s of times by now. It works may be 4 out of 10 times. Regretting buying these switches. The wemo plugs seem to work fine though. When is WeMo going to fix this?

I’m having the exact same issue with a gen 1 WeMo switch. Super annoying to see this has been the same issue for over a year! No more wemo products for me.

For the longest time my Alexa works with all my Wemo except for the Wemo bulbs (is this normal?). But starting 2 days ago Alexa says it can’t get response from Wemo BUT the lights are still turning on/off via Alexa.

@sapiendut

What specific Wemo device did you use to control your bulbs? Also, do you mean to say that all your Wemo device aren't working with Alexa right now? We'll sort this out first before we recommend a workaround. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support