12-05-2017 02:18 AM - edited 12-05-2017 02:34 AM
I have the exact same problem. I have 5 Wemo light switches, and 5 Wemo plugs. They work on the App but not on Alexa. "Living room lights are not responding" (for single devices), "everything isn't responding" (for group of devices).
Disabling and re-enabling the Alexa skill seemed to have solved the problem for now. I didn't need to re-discover the devices even though the Wemo skill enabling steps tried to discover new devices (0 new devices found).
I will update if the problem comes back.
12-18-2017 09:31 AM
12-18-2017 04:10 PM
Exact same issue. I just opened a support ticket with the comments below.
I have 4 Wemo Mini Smart Plugs. I have had them for several weeks.
12-18-2017 05:19 PM
12-23-2017 08:49 AM - edited 12-23-2017 11:31 AM
Read this post an unfortunately I am having the same problem. A wemo light dimmer switch I have was working perfectly until two nights ago when the indicator light turned aqua which indicates an issue of Amazon echo being able to control the device. I factory reset the device, added it back and it worked again. A day later the Amazon echo can not voice control it. I can control it with the WEMO app and manually at the switch. The Alexa app will update the state of the switch to on or off if I manually turn the switch on or off at the wall so there is some communication. When I try to use the Alex app to turn the switch on or off it says it is unresponsive. When I try to use voice command it says the device is unresponsive. I have deleted the device from the Alex app and gone through a rediscovery and the dimmer is found but still won't work with Alexa. I have disabled the skill in Alexa and re-enabled it. As part of the verify, you are asked to turn on and off a switch and I use the switch that I have the probelm with to do the verify and it sees it and verify's it so Alexa knows the switch is there but can not control it. One possibility is that the factory reset I did brought the device back to an older firmware device and it worked until a firmware update was done. The firmware version is WeMo_WW_2.00.11011-PVT-OWRT-Dimmer BUT my 2nd dimmer that is working with Alexa voice has the same firmware version so that most likely is not the cause. I have 19 WEMO devices and I'm starting to see other squirely things happening.
Update: I decided to factory reset the dimmer and go through the set up process again. I first deleted the device from Alex Smart Home Devices. Then went through the WEMO setup for the dimmer. After that completed successfully I had the Alex app scan for a new device and it found the dimmer. I tapped on the device in Alexa and now the Alexa app could control the device. I tried using Alexa voice command and that now worked. So it appears the complete factory reset cleared the problem. I won't know for sure until this works for an extended period of time.
12-25-2017 05:17 PM
If you have not have any contact with our support, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the complete contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference so we can have this checked for further diagnosis.
12-30-2017 01:01 AM
01-04-2018 11:26 AM
Same issue here but with Wemo Smart-plugs. All started going wrong when I change my wifi ssid and had to set up my Wemo devices again. Alexa app showed duplicate devices which I could only remove through the Alexa website. After that still get some devices saying "server is unresponsive" when I try to switch them off and on from Alexa app. If I use voice control with Echo it either says Wemo server is not responding or device is not available. Only think I can think to do is unlink my Wemo account from Alexa, reset all of my Wemo devices and start from scratch. Not sure I can be bothered having just manually reset the Wifi on all of them!
01-04-2018 06:38 PM
I suddenly started experiencing the same issue here this evening - the Alexa integration was one of the main reasons I decided to go with the Wemo platform. It's upsetting to see so many similar posts (especially going back a couple of years) with the same problem. I haven't come across any fixes for those of use who haven't changed any SSID or configuration changes, etc. Very disappointing.