WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

My wemo app works flawlessly but it never works with Alexa for 3 days now

Same issue here. Everything was working perfectly until a few days ago. Tried factory resetting all my plugs and Alexa found them, but whenever I ask her to turn something on or off, she tells me "Belkin WeMo isn't responding." The Alexa app shows "Server unresponsive" for all my WeMo plugs, but they work perfectly with the WeMo app.

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, except the WeMo also lost contact with the switch a few days after experiencing the same.  Today, WeMo error message noted their network server was down.  After several hours, the system still doesn’t work.  My WeMo switch is only working by touch, not the app and not using Echo.

I can’t verify, but i think an Apple update has something to do with the issues.  My OS devices experienced a problem with keychain alsmost at the same time.

Ive not received any reply from customer support.

I’m jumping on this bandwagon as I’m having the same issues. I have 3 wemo mini plugs and they experience almost all of the same issues described here in this thread. I have done all of the troubleshooting multiple times. I gave up resetting because they will always work again but so sporadically that I can’t figure it out. I have changed networks, reset, moved, everything. Even this morning I asked Alexa to turn on on and Alexa said wemo not responding and as I walked towards it it came on. I just asked Alexa to turn a light off and it instantly went off. Immediately asked to turn it back on and wemo not responding. 3 min later it worked instantly. This HAS to me a firmware issue!!!!!

Same issue here. My two dimmers work fine with Wemo app but Alex. It tried to reinstall skills, devices app. It works in the first 5 mins but Alexa will complain "device is not responding" soon after.
Pfg

Me too... 

This has been on the News and Announcements board for a couple of days now:

We are experiencing some instability with our Wemo remote access services that we believe are related to the Intel Meltdown security patches that were recently applied to the Amazon AWS Cloud. We are planning to perform a maintenance tonight that will upgrade the CPU performance of our servers. Until then, some customers will experience intermittent unavailability of their Wemo devices remotely (this will also impact integrations like Alexa and Google Assistant).

According to that it should be fixed by now, but obviously it isn’t.  Frustrating, to say the least...

Ive just purchased and installed two wemo light switches. This is my first time using wemo and it was a frustrating and terrible experience. Im glad to know the issues with alexa is recent and hopefully just trmpotarily. I was just about to go take out and return the switches. Instead i will give it another week before deciding to return or not

Mine started working again yesterday, both Alexa and remote via the wemo app while on a cell network. I have a combo of switches, plugs, and dimmers.

I suggest sticking with it. This is a temporary hiccup. I've had wemo for a few years now, and it's worked well the entire time and has been well worth it.

Having the same issues with my light switches! Hope it can be fixed soon! I haven’t been able to add them all.