WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-16-2018

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

I am having the same issue as others on this thread. I have a light switch named Kitchen - Wemo app will most of the time work, but Alexa is a solid 50% of the time only. When it doesn't work, it'll spin blue before saying "Kitchen isn't responding" or "Belkin Wemo isn't responding." Sometimes, after it says this the light will turn on, but most times the light stays off. The other 50% of the time it will turn on within 1-5 seconds of the voice command. This has been going on since I bought this plug July 2017, so this isn't the recent server issue. Also, I upgraded to Google Wifi, full 100% speeds everywhere in the house so it is not a coverage issue.

Ticket request send to WemoCares but would love to continue to hear from others.
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎12-28-2017

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

I’m still waiting on a fix!
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎01-07-2018

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

The issue seems to be resolved for me once the server patches went through.  Any failed commands lately seem to be more of an Alexa issue now.

Posts: 7
Registered: ‎12-28-2017

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

Not here, the Alexa app won’t detect the light switches.
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-21-2018

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

For all those still having issues getting “server is unresponsive” in the Alexa app, I had to actually physically unplug the wemo, plug it back in and then wait for it to reconnect to the WiFi and wemo servers.  After that the Alexa app and echo devices were able to control the wemo again...if this continues, I’ll likely return the 4 wemo plugs I have and buy Leviton. I’ve never had any problems with the 5 Leviton switches I have.  Of course the above won’t work for anyone with wemo wall switches.  Thank goodness I didn’t buy any of those. 😳

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-01-2018

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

I bought 4 plug switches and one dimmer from Wemo and I have the same problem - 20% of the time does not respond to Alexa and the other 80% it takes 2-3second to switch. On the other end, the TP-Link provided by Amazon is working amazing and I am regret of spending more than $200 on getting Wemo products. I am expecting Wimo to resolve the issue and upgrade wither HW or SW for free. The only reason I got Wemo is due to their long year's reputation of BELKIN and let se they deliver on this promise...

 

 

Posts: 7
Registered: ‎12-28-2017

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

 
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎12-28-2017

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

An update:
The Alexa app didn’t discover the switches but when I used the Alexa button on the Amazon Shopping app and asked her to find the switches verbally, she did and they follow commands. Still don’t show in their all though. Hope this helps a few here.
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎09-19-2016

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

[ Edited ]

OP here. I found a SOLUTION that WORKED!

 

I ended up getting rid of all my Wemo switches and replaced everything TP-link light switches and wall plugs.

They are cheaper AND acutally RELIABLE. 

 

Wemo just gave me constant unneccessary headaches, and their tech support only spin me in cricles.

 

TP-Link fixed all of that! 1 year with TP-link and never once a problem.

 

Here's the link to their product:

 

http://a.co/6m0mQCw

 

Wemo - if you are reading this, here's some free advice for you: Hire TP-Link's lead firmware engineer.

WEMO Maker Inventor
Posts: 1,674
Registered: ‎06-14-2014

Re: Wemo light switch won't respond to Alexa commands 100% of the time

TP Link is not without it's own problems as can be seen on their forum.  And keep in mind their cloud server management does not need to comply with the stricter privacy laws that govern companies based in NA or Europe.

 

It is certainly possible to get wemos to work reliably - the problems are caused by belkin's app, not the wemos themselves.