WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo mini plug not connecting to wifi during setup

Yes, it has its own SSID, but it must find your router’s SSID to connect. I suspect, the Wemo mini somehow caches the handshake or connection information. I also suspect that the router will cache the connection in the lease it extends to the to Wemo mini. You have to effectively for a fresh connection and some routers willsoit with a restart... others may need a whole new SSID.

Re: Wemo mini plug not connecting to wifi during setup

I fought this problem for days after a power outage and was ready to give up. In addition when I reinstalled the app it couldn’t see the other 3 devices either, despite the fact they were still visible & controllable on my spouse’s phone. When we noticed AirPrint wasn’t working, I found a tip to turn off Airtime Fairness on my router and bingo. Existing Wemo devices showed up again and reconnected mini plug on the first try. Fixed AirPrint problem too. 

On my ASUS router it’s under Wireless > Professional > Airtime Fairness: DISABLE

From what I read Airtime Fairness tries not to let older devices slow up faster ones. We’ll see if turning it off has bad side effects.