WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo mini plug not connecting to wifi during setup

Unable to get wemo mini to connect to home wifi. Checking router logs and it shows a MIC error in step 2/4 on handshake. I'm about ready to return this device I am so frustrated.

@Beaglesrule33

Make sure that your WiFi is dual band as the Wemo device/s only connect to 2.4GHz frequency. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I am running 2.4ghz

[ Edited ]

How far is your Wemo Mini from the router? It should be placed wherein it'll get atleast 50% of your router's WiFi signal. Also, what's the LED status of the unit? To isolate, try to reset it and check if it makes a difference. 

If the challenge persist, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com with the following details:

-phone #

-Wemo App version

-link to this thread

-username

We'll have this checked by our Level 2 Support team. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Email sent.

Exactly, I just bought 2 of these today and have spend the last 3 hrs trying to make it work. I've done everything, from resetting the wemo, to changing my router channel, to reinstalling the app. I'm done with this!! They are going back to BBY tomorrow. Complete Junk!!

Hello, Rapidsft. Don't give up so fast. Did you encounter an error message upon setting it up? What's the LED status of the device? Were you able to detect its SSID? Please e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers work with you and help you install your Mini Switch:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Community Thread (for our reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Blinks Amber and green for Wi-Fi. I got past the part where you select the wemo device. Once I get to the part where you select your wifi network is where is won't connect. It's supposed to connect after I enter my network password, but for some reason sometimes it starts trying to connect back to the wemo device, then tries to connect to "celluar". Then if it tries connecting to my Network I always get an error.

What worked for me was disabling the "Smart Network Switch" on the Advanced menu in the wifi settings. I wonder if the android device sends some data over cellular and some over the local Wemo wifi when its being setup. Using Samsung S7.

How can anyone on this forum put up with this company? Horrible product and dodgy community. Wemo Mini is a defect.