WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo mini plug not connecting to wifi during setup

Same problems here, but I finally spotted the Gboard hint- switched back to Apple keyboard and hey presto, instant connection! No reset, deleting apps, resetting wifi channels, etc. Who knew?

my god, after 20 or so retries, turning off gboard and using the default ios keyboard did the trick for me.  thank you.

I did notice that sometimes upon a retry, my wifi password was missing the last character.  

Password format:

aaaaannnaaaaa

a = character

n = number

I did not try shorter passwords, too much bother, not sure it would have helped.

After 3hrs messing with this thing I am returning it likely.  I tried multiple devices ranging from IOS to Android, I changed my wireless password to not include characters which was a pain because of my ring doorbell and nest.  And still no avail I consider myself somewhat technical (it is my career).  Nothing should be this hard to setup should have just let you use the wps option in my opinion if it is the unstable to setup.  Guess I will have to head back to Costco for a refund Smiley Sad 

[ Edited ]

The switching keyboards from Gboard to default iOS keyboard did the trick for me. 

@ Belkin,

if this is the case, then you ought to be able to resolve this in the Wemo app. This sounds like a classic character set issue. Maybe there's funny string termination as I saw the same behavior as noswemo. This seems silly to lose customers and incur returns due to such a straightforward issue. 

I had the same problem and had spent hours troubleshooting it, no luck. I am returning this piece of junk.

Hello, ygao. What steps were you able to do? Have you tried resetting the Mini and reconfiguring it from scratch? Make sure that you connect it to your 2.4 GHz wireless network. Also, the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz wireless bands should have different SSIDs.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

JUNK. I have 6 Wemo's, and bought 2 minis.

After 4 hours of screwing around and following EVERY different suggestion in this forum, I still cannot get even ONE of these mini wemos to join.

The closet I've come, out of 50 plus tries, is to get onto my network, and have it 'searching' for Wemo devices, only to time out and have to start over.

Returning both of these units to Best Buy tomorrow.

Shame on Wemo for letting this crap get out into the market place.

I've tried everything that has been recomended and no luck. My problem comes when im asked to put in my password to my home wifi, and then it tells me that its incorrect and cant connect. Any ideas??

Yesterday there was a new WeMo app update that supposedly fix some bugs