WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo mini plug

Cuts on but goes off in three seconds

Re: Wemo mini plug

@Chris2

Hi there! Has this been working fine before, or this is an initial setup? It could be that the firmware is outdated or there's something that we need to diagnose on what causes the issue. If setup has been completed, let's start by checking for any firmware updates. If it is already updated, try to reboot or do a hard reset, force close the Wemo App while waiting for the unit to reboot, and observe. 

If still goes the same way, please shoot us an email to WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team look into this further and to better assist. 

• Full name.
  • Phone number and Location - City or State.
  • Wemo App and firmware version of the Wemo Mini.
  • Copy of the receipt, or the exact place and date of purchase.
  • Community Username.
  • The link to this thread for easy reference. 
Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

It is new out of the box purchased in December in PA On vacation I am from the Bahamas and just getting time to setup. This morning it now shows upgrade failed have tried to update but get message we are unable to check for a firmware update. Also support and feedback is grayed out

[ Edited ]

@Chris2 wrote:
It is new out of the box purchased in December in PA On vacation I am from the Bahamas and just getting time to setup. This morning it now shows upgrade failed have tried to update but get message we are unable to check for a firmware update. Also support and feedback is grayed out

Noted on that. What's the LED light status of the Wemo device? Can you still control it using its physical buttons? For isolation, we can try to reset the Wemo mini, and set it up again as brand new. Then we'll observe if that'll make any difference afterwards. Please click this link for the setup process

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks its now working was about to give up but tried about my fifth factory reset and with this one all seam's to be working before even with the physical button it would still shut off.
DrT

I have two Wemo.mini plugs. They both worked on a home WiFi nework, but I hve two homes.

I thought I could have one at one location, and another at a diferent location (different WiFi network etc.)

When I am a home, I can setup the WEMO to connect to that network.

When I am the other location, I can see the other WEMO.

Are these devices REGISTERED to some central site, under some user name that is locking me out.

How does it work with two devices at different locations ?

They just don't seem to work as expected.

Dr. T