WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo mini smart plug constantly reseting

I'm not sure why I have to constantly reset my mini plugs. I have 4 plugs(3 downstairs, 1 upstairs). One upstairs has a surge protector plugged into it. 3 downstairs have surge protectors with some led lights. I have them setup through the app and use Echo and a Tap to control them.  It seems at least once a week I have to reset them and I am not sure why it's constantly blinking orange and isn't seen in the wemo app.

Re: Wemo mini smart plug constantly reseting

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same problem.  I also have 4 mini plugs that will not stay connected.  Aadditional info:

1. The plugs were connected via the app without too much trouble.

2. When the router reboots or after a short period of time, the plugs drop connection and show as "offline" in the app.

Hello, kmundt3

By reset, do you mean you actually press the Restore button, and send them back to default settings? Blinking orange means that the units have network credentials saved in it but is unable to connect to the wireless network. Make sure that all 4 units are running on the latest firmware.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

I usually pull them out and press and hold the button upon plugging them back in until they blink white. They usually seem to be blinking orange once a week and so I go back and reset them. Is there something that would be causing them to lose network connectivity?

What is the latest firmware for these?

All mine are WeMo_WW_2.00.11010.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

@kmundt3,

Changing some settings on your router might also be one of the reasons why your Wemo Mini loses its connectivity from the wireless network.

Upon checking, your Wemo device is running on its latest firmware. How far is your Wemo from the router?

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

The furthest one is maybe 15 foot. I haven't changed anything on my router.

This is the router I own.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PDLRHFW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Highlighted

Let's have your case checked by our 2nd Level Techincal Support Team as multiple hardware resets have already been to the unit and the setback is still recurring. Email your full name, active phone number, home address, and a link to this thread for reference to our mailer: WemoCares@belkin.com

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support