WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo mini smart plug not responding on Homekit

Wemo firmware uptodate.  I use Ipad as hub.. its uptodate.

Wemo app works fine but the homekit app has the plug as not responding - it was working fine last night, today i woke up and its not responding.  This is so frustrating.. im thinking of just buying a different brand... Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Wemo mini smart plug not responding on Homekit

Hi, pirrus. Please try power cycling the Wemo Mini Smart plug. Unplug it from the power outlet for one minute and then plug it back. After doing so, force close and launch the Home app; see if it makes any difference. You may also try using a different iOS device for isolation or remove/re-add the smart plug from the Home app. 

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

i am experiencing the same issue. The plugs are connected and work in the Wemo app, but continuously dropping from HomeKit

Hey Elockste. If I may ask, when did you notice this issue? What's the LED status of the Wemo device/s in question? Were you able to try the workarounds provided by 

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

There's a bug in your homekit code on the wemo firmware.  It drops the connection to homekit regularly and does not recover.

Power cycling the wemo certainly works but is a bit drastic depending on what is plugged into it.  Cycling wifi on the ios device running homekit recovers it too.  Yet either approach entirely misses the point of home automation espeically if the ios device is being used as a HomeKit hub.

You're missing the point - *workarounds* are temporary measures for customers to continue while you rush a fix to production.  They're not standard operating procedures if they interfere with the goal of the product (home automation).

"Also, please make sure that your handheld device and your Wemo device/s are connected on the same 2.4 GHz band of your router.

This is nonsense.  The bonjour protocol used by HomeKit works across bands.