WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo not happy with my Linksys DHCP (Can I set static IPs without DHCP reservations)

My WEMO is not accepting DHCP reservations in my router. So I would like to just manaully set them in the device. Can this be done or will the device ONLY support DHCP?

Re: Wemo not happy with my Linksys DHCP (Can I set static IPs without DHCP reservations)

The Wemo has no options to set Static IP via Wemo App and should only rely on the IP address assigned by the router. Should contact Linksys to assist you with the DHCP reservation.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

Re: Wemo not happy with my Linksys DHCP (Can I set static IPs without DHCP reservations)

Actually, the DHCP reservation problem is likely being cause by WeMo. The MAC address displayed by the app is always off-by-one from the MAC address printed on the device. OP, this is probably why your reservations aren’t working: the MAC you are reserving them for is probably one away from what you wanted.

That's right airmandan

You have to get the MAC address by checking your router to see what's logged on, then using that MAC address, assign the fixed IP of your choice. As you so rightly say, the MAC address printed on the WeMo labels is off by 1 although I can't remember if it's added or subtracted.

Regards

Pete