WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo plug stopped working, not detected, and failure on all attempts to fix it.

I have 5 switches that all worked fine for 9 months.  A few days ago one of them simply stopped working.  Nothing had happened to trigger this problem. The app says it is not detected.  Have tried all suggestions that I found in the community including a factory reset. Results are always the same --not detected.  I get flashing blue light, flashing amber, but it never gets beyond that. Is it possible that it is simply broken and will no longer work? I am ready to put it in the driveway and run over it.

Re: Wemo plug stopped working, not detected, and failure on all attempts to fix it.

Hi, phoenix_ken. Were you able to check this on a different handheld device is the same error occurs? Have you also tried plugging on an outlet that's closer to the router? If you have also done that, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team check on your case for further diagnosis:

-Phone Number
-Screenshot firmware of all the WEMO devices
-Wemo App version
-OS of the handheld device/s used

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Re: Wemo plug stopped working, not detected, and failure on all attempts to fix it.

@phoenix_ken

Everyone in the forums has been having these issues for a long time and Wemo has failed to fix the issue

Since you can't return the devices, demand a refund from the company here in the forum like other people are doing.

I also have 9 plugs and 3 switches. They are constantly unresponsive. I reset them and they work for maybe a day then most are again unresponsive. Everytime i open the app it either tells me Whoops the server is down” like its real funny the stuff never works, or the app can’t find anything. I have a combination of mini’s and older plugs. Doesnt matter which model. Nothing works.

seems to me the app is the issue since it takes forever to open and when it does nothing is connected. If you touch the any unit you get the “send the issue to Wemo “ but that fails. Never works. 

Can you either fix this or i go get some other devices. 

@Char911

We understand where you're coming from! We highly recommend to shoot us an email to WemoCares@belkin.com along with the above-mentioned details so we can have our 2nd Level Support team run a further diagnosis on the setback. They're the best people that could help us out. We'll wait for your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I have 6 of these Wemo Mini Outlets. They are near impossible to connect to wireless. When they do, the app doesnt see them but Alexa does. A week later they mysteriously show up in the app communicating. Was there a hardware revision on these? Because the ones Own are a complete joke. If I unplug them I have to go through the complete setup process agan which is near impossible to het connected. If there has been a hardware revision on these that actually works like they are supposes to I would sure like an exchange for 6 that do.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@Foxvalleyal 

To verify, are you still having issues with our device? Also, were you able to follow the steps provided above for further isolation? If so, you can email us at WemoCares@belkin.com the following details so we can create a case for you:

-Phone Number
-Screenshot firmware of all the WEMO devices
-Wemo App version
-OS of the handheld device/s used

-MAC Address of the device

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support