WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo switch (first version) offline after a router reboot

[ Edited ]

This has happened multiple times. After a router reboot, some, but not all, Wemo switches do not appear in the Wemo app, and have a solid orange staus light, not the normal blue. The remain this way until they are physically unplugged and plugged back in.

I tried this with DHCP reservations enabled and disabled, no difference.   I have one Wemo Mini which does not do this so far.

Is this expected behavior?

Re: Wemo switch (first version) offline after a router reboot

This shouldn't be the case, Dave_O. Just to clarify, are they showing on the WEMO App as "not detected" or are the switches not appearing on the device list? Are your switches' firmware updated to the latest version? Have you tried plugging them closer to the router and observe if the same thing happens?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

They show up as not detected. Waited 20 minutes, light stays solid orange until they are unplugged and replugged. FW is current. They need to be located where they are, one is 1 foot away, another 15 feet away in  hte same room, and another 40 feet away in another room. Reliable until the router reboots.

Getting tired of trying to diagnose what should be a config and forget device. No other network connected devices become non functional when my router reboots.

@Dave_O wrote:

They show up as not detected. Waited 20 minutes, light stays solid orange until they are unplugged and replugged. FW is current. They need to be located where they are, one is 1 foot away, another 15 feet away in  hte same room, and another 40 feet away in another room. Reliable until the router reboots.

Getting tired of trying to diagnose what should be a config and forget device. No other network connected devices become non functional when my router reboots.

Just to verify this 3 Wemo devices are having the same issue? Try to reset the switches and observe if the issue still persists. If yes, let us know so we can create a ticket and forward this to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Same with mine. I have a wemo insight plug and a wemo light switch whenever my router reboot or if the plug was unplugged and re-plugged it does not reconnect to the wifi. Only way to get it back online is to reset both.
Highlighted

@CrazyFreak wrote:
Same with mine. I have a wemo insight plug and a wemo light switch whenever my router reboot or if the plug was unplugged and re-plugged it does not reconnect to the wifi. Only way to get it back online is to reset both.

For isolation,  try to reset the Wemo and observe if the issue still persists. Also, please make sure the firmware of the Router and Wemo device is updated. If that won't work, then email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference.

BTW, what's the LED status of the Wemo devices after the router reboots? Have you encountered any error message?

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Has this issue been addressed?

I have the current version of firmware and all 10 of my devices do not reconnect to my router when I recycle the router for maintenance.

Each one displays a blinking orange light.

If I unplug and plug back in, they will reconnect.

@Bob_w683 wrote:

Has this issue been addressed?

I have the current version of firmware and all 10 of my devices do not reconnect to my router when I recycle the router for maintenance.

Each one displays a blinking orange light.

If I unplug and plug back in, they will reconnect.

For isolation, try to reboot (unplug/replug) or reset one Wemo device and check if the issue still persists. If yes, then shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can have this taken care of by our  Level 2 Support Team to assist you further.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support