WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemos randomly not responding with Echo

I am having the same issue. I thought it was an internet problem because our internet connection is poor living where we do but since getting lightream it’s much faster and the problem still persists. Exactly as the previous poster stated Alexa struggles to find plugs and states served not responding on the App. The Wemo app shows they are on but sometimes they are greyed out. Tried updating resetting etc. It’s so frustrating 😡

Hi, Kieranic. Try to reboot the router and make sure the firmware is updated also with the Wemo. Please use a different handheld device upon setting up with an updated Wemo app and check if the issue still persists. If that won't work, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: 

• Phone Number
  • Link to this Community thread
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I have 6 wemo plugs, 3 switches. I have the same issue of them dropping connection and then not working on with Alexa. Very, very frustrated.

Hello, Thesharkster. What's the LED light status of each Wemo devices you have? Also, is it working fine on the Wemo app alone? Have you tried all possible workarounds mentioned above? If so, you can email us your contact details at WemoCares@belkin.com along with this thread. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the same issue.  Two minis in the same room.  Both switches work fine on the phone app.  I set them up as a group on my echo.  Using the group command only switch 2 responds.  Switch 1 is like a toddler I have to tell twice to do something.  
My network is fast and powerful, my hardware is all updated, my phone app is up to date.  I have around two dozen WeMo switches and this is the only one Alexa has trouble with.  Both switches 1 and 2 are the same v2 hardware and 11143 firmware.

Hello hcliii,

Is this the model number of your Switch 1 and 2? Try resetting the Switch 1, reconfigure and integrate with Amazon once again. If the issue still persists, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com with your contact details along the OS and version of the handheld device and your ISP so we can have our Escalation Engineers take a look into this.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Just purchased some mini plugs, set up rules similar to what I have on my other plugs/switches.  No problems with using Echo on my older devices, but with the mini plug - Echo was saying "not connected to network".  If i use a rule with on/off I recieve that message only while the rule is active.  Two get around it I made two seperate rules - on and a off.  All devices/phone/router are updated.

@jpm19002 wrote:

Just purchased some mini plugs, set up rules similar to what I have on my other plugs/switches.  No problems with using Echo on my older devices, but with the mini plug - Echo was saying "not connected to network".  If i use a rule with on/off I recieve that message only while the rule is active.  Two get around it I made two seperate rules - on and a off.  All devices/phone/router are updated.

Try to unlink and relink the Echo and Mini to isolate the issue. Also, have you tried to reset and reconfigure the Wemo device? If that won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details asked by 

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support