WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What's the best way to retaliate for WeMo's wasting much time and money?

I got a bulb set with Link and Smart Swich.  Link never worked.  Smart Switch soft of worked for a bit, but it's now a brick after the latest firmware update.  Constant connection problems.  wemo piles of junk only want to work on 2GHz wiFi.  Meanwhile 5GHz standard that has been designed to avoid interefences = no, that'd be too useful so Belkin dumb products aren't working on it.

Countless restarts, deletions of the app, restores to factory settings.  Sometimes the app picks up on the need to setup from scratch, sometimes it doesn't.  Rarely when you get the setup screen to show up a 5GHz network or two will flash but immediately disappear.

Spare me the suggestions about my WiFi network and its restarts.  Plenty of devices connect and reconnect without problems.  Only this Belkin rubbish is having problems.

What's with endless firmware updates?  Isn't it a sign of trashy products?

Any suggestions on how else to trash this company and its products are welcome.

Re: What's the best way to retaliate for WeMo's wasting much time and money?

Hi, Jabotinsky. Give us a chance to turn things around by escalating your case to our 2nd level Support team for further assistance. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, and link to this community thread. 

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

So there's a secret way to fix everything that you only tell people who threaten to expose your product?

Why not tell everyone with a single online bulletin and gain rather than lose supporters?

[ Edited ]

Because they literally can’t. Look: the forum moderators all registered on 22 Aug 17 and they all use the exact same phraseology. They’re not typing freeform, because they can’t. They don’t speak English. They have an array of buttons with phrases like “was it working fine before” and “do try that” and “allow us to endorse you to our second level”. They click these buttons to build a sentence and post it.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Too true.  I forgot to set my sarcasm flag on Smiley Wink.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Ugh.  To my recollection I don't think I've every told anyone to reinstall my app.  And if I ever did/do, it would be because I've figured out the problem that I need to fix and this is an immediate workaround.  So to your point, it's not just that the support team that are parrots, the development team needs to re-examine their career choice.  No competent development team would to let this situation: "you MAY try uninstalling/reinstalling the app or using another handheld device" "Why thank you, I think I will" continue for 4 or 5 years.  The only remarkable fix they've ever made here was that originally reinstalling didn't even work - they were writing data to the android file system that needed to be erased manually.  I bet the only reason they fixed that bug was the android OS permissions changed and prevented them from reaching that data at all.

One consolation is that the support team could easily be replaced with a simple AI app - that is if they haven't been already - so they should start considering a career change too.  They DO appear to have the qualifications needed to join the belkin dev team Smiley Tongue.

There isn’t a Belkin dev team. They offshore that the same as their support. Sometimes with good results (look at how the app sets up a Dimmer) but usually not (look at how the app pairs a bulb).